• April 25, 2024, 03:48:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33

Author Topic: Welcome!  (Read 56548 times)

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome!
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2016, 03:06:03 PM »

...After several near collisions while commuting I gave up riding for 30 years...
As of July 6, 2016, I became a motorcycle owner again when I purchased a Zero DS with the 13.0 kwh battery monolith. I am relearning how to ride and overcoming the survival reactions.

Welcome back to two wheels! Motorists are more distracted (cell phones, starbucks, loud terrible music) and dangerous than ever before. Be extra careful on the Zero DS when using regen braking like in ECO mode because the brake light fails to alert the traffic behind you. Using the App you can change CUSTOM mode and apply regen only when the brake lever is being used and this will make sure the brake light is active;  or if you want there's some aftermarket lighting kit with sensors to activate the brake lights when slowing down. Pedestrians are even more oblivious than the motorists due to distractions and if you blip the horn it can help them know you're there. There is ongoing debate about whether the Zero being so quiet is good or bad near wildlife versus a potato bike;  deer don't seem to get startled and bears will give a warning chuff if they see you before they can hear you - totally spooky experience getting warned off two wheels by a bear.

swerver

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 28, 2016, 10:02:01 PM »

Hi, just joined this forum as I'm starting to look into the possibility of an electric bike for my commute. I used to ride an Aprilia SXV550 and have been looking at the KTM E SM as a possible replacement. Joined here to try and find out more about these bikes and learn from others experiences. I'm based in London UK. Cheers.

Olbom

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 15, 2016, 01:51:06 PM »

Hello,

located in Paris, France, I am looking for a Zero bike to get rid of my BMW R1200GS that I do not use anymore for long rides.

I just tested the FXS 6.5 and the DSR, and I honestly prefer the FXS for urban trips.

First impressions are awesome : Incredible power, almost silent, no vibration and, most of all, this is a real bike (Not a scooter !)

Very nice rides to the Zero bikes community,

Olivier

E-zero

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 24, 2016, 04:15:37 PM »

Hello everybody! Glad to be here hoping to learn, improve and share with you guys!

Riding a 13 Zero DS from Barcelona!

See ya around!

L.A. Snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 28, 2016, 01:37:19 AM »

Hello everyone!  Just rode my brand new 2017 Zero DSR into work for the first time and it was amazing.  I'm impressed with how solid the bike is, absolutely no vibrations at all.

I have a relatively short commute (for L.A.) at like 6 miles, so I didn't even crack 10% power used to get here.  I'm looking forward to getting to know the bike better as I'm now thinking I'll ride it more than my historical average of "most Fridays." 

Hope everyone's having a great Xmas and Holiday season.

-Jon

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 31, 2016, 12:56:38 PM »

Hi everybody, hi L.A. Snowman here too... :)

I just posed on the zero-forum. It seems to be a bit dead there.

Anyway, I am just about to received a 2017 DSR and am very excited to become a member of the silent guard :))

I never even thought about wild life encounters of the hopefully not so painful kind with an electric bike.

Anyway, I am looking forward to being a member here.

Cheers
Rider 7 (Oliver)
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

Duck-Stew

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 04, 2017, 09:45:59 AM »

Stuart here in sunny Abq, NM.  Joined here to hopefully gain additional input as I put together my first e-moto, a 2010 Zero S.  I have a thread going on elmoto.net and one on endless-sphere.com, but am not receiving a lot of info...

Goals are 96vdc, about 20kw bldc motor power, a 6kwh battery pack and about 30# less weight.

Happy to be here!

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 04, 2017, 03:31:44 PM »

Hi, just joined this forum as I'm starting to look into the possibility of an electric bike for my commute. I used to ride an Aprilia SXV550 and have been looking at the KTM E SM as a possible replacement. Joined here to try and find out more about these bikes and learn from others experiences. I'm based in London UK. Cheers.

Welcome swerver and everyone else who has recently joined.

I'm based in St Albans, is that anywhere near you? I'm coming up to a year and 10,000 miles on a 2014 DS. I love it and it's perfect for my commute into London.

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 04, 2017, 04:10:34 PM »

I'm also near London in Redhill, Surrey. Just ordered a Zero FXS to replace my Aprilia Dorsoduro. (I love the SXV - they look amazing, but they definitely aren't a reliable commuter.) The FXS is similar to the KTM E-SM, but is available in the UK and now has £1500 off due to the UK subsidy. :-)
Zero SR/F
Ducati Hypermotard 950

Giant Bryan

• Games end, King and Pawns are stored together
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 08, 2017, 06:30:28 AM »

Hi all, just bought 2016 DSR. The test ride and the ride home was amazing, best motorcycle I've ever ridden

rider7

• 2017 DSR, 100% wind charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2017, 04:41:55 AM »

Hi all, just bought 2016 DSR. The test ride and the ride home was amazing, best motorcycle I've ever ridden
Hi Giant Bryan !
Awesome!
I get to ride my DSR home this week.
I was thinking about buying the 2016, but took the plunge and went 2017.
I spent a coupl of hours test riding all Zero bikes last year and had this feeling that it actually distills the most amazing aspects of riding which turns out not to be the ruckus regular bikes make.
Although I still understand the appeal of a roaring visceral engine, I think I won't miss it, since so many other amazing aspects take over on the zero bike with its power.

Have fun all year !

Rider7
32 years of almost every day riding all year round.

hubert

• '14 Zero S, nuke charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 01, 2017, 01:39:43 PM »

Hello all,

I'm Hubert from Alsace, eastern France, close to the german border (Rhine river). Involved since 2008 in smokeless transportations with tens of thousands of km or miles pedaled on powerfull electric bicycles. Also purchased a used chinese electric scooter and made some mods on it. It worked well a couple of years before it broke down. Also owning an electric car. The fantastic "not as small as it looks" i-MiEV and previously the same in a rebadged euro version "Citroen C-Zero".

Also using a velomobile, muscle-only superfast and comfortable streamlined tricycle, which now gets some competition from my new '2014 Zero S, which is too easy to use. Every morning, for commuting, it will be a heartbraking choice between the fat-reducing "human powered vehicle" and the so funny Zero S!

Purchased the Zero from a guy who moved to Hong Kong, but lived in Paris. Driving it home from Paris to Alsace was a 500km (300mi) trip at slow speed with loooong idle times at the EV charging stations, took me 1.5 cold days.
2014 Zero S
Velomobile "Quest"
Mitsubishi i-MiEV

MostlyBonkers

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 02, 2017, 04:36:40 AM »

Welcome Hubert, you certainly pass the bonkers test, so I'm sure you'll fit in well here. :-)

KrustyKruser

• Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 06, 2017, 09:51:41 AM »

Hello all! just purchased a 2013 Zero DS and looking forward to all the fun rides and mods I will get to do. This is new territory to me as I am used to riding Ducati's and tearing into the engine and buying parts like new cams and light flywheels. First thing I want to do is upgrade the suspension. For now I will lurk and learn about the bike.

Hello from San Francisco Bay Area.
Motorcycles: 2013 Zero DS
Enginecycles: 2005 Ducati 999, 2000 Honda XR650R

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #179 on: March 06, 2017, 10:54:08 AM »

Hello all! just purchased a 2013 Zero DS and looking forward to all the fun rides and mods I will get to do. This is new territory to me as I am used to riding Ducati's and tearing into the engine and buying parts like new cams and light flywheels. First thing I want to do is upgrade the suspension. For now I will lurk and learn about the bike.

Hello from San Francisco Bay Area.

Hello from Oakland! I have a 13DS and 16DSR. There's a Facebook group for organizing electric group rides to Alice's Restaurant one Saturday a month if you're up for that.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 33