• March 28, 2024, 02:42:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Advice; bike in the shop since March; Zero and dealer pointing fingers  (Read 532 times)

domingo3

• View Profile

My 2016 FXS has been in the shop since March 22nd for warranty work.  The dealer says Zero keeps asking for more data.  Zero says the dealer has not answered their calls.  I talked to both on the phone last Friday.  The dealer said that they sent yet more data on Thursday.  Zero says they haven't received it.  I don't feel like I should have to advocate this hard to get them to communicate, but am considering trying to get them to schedule  a three way phone call with me.  I'm not that confident that they'd agree.
   I really don't know what to think at this point.  I'm wondering if Zero knows the problem and is trying to avoid an expensive repair, if they can't figure it out, or if they just can't make the effort to communicate.

I frequently get asked about the bike when I ride.  I used to give glowing endorsements, but with 3+ months in the shop for two issues, all I can really say now is that it's great when it works, but hope you don't have issues because who knows when you'll get your bike back.

Anyone have advice on who to reach out to in order to get this moving?
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

Richard230

• View Profile

I just read a newspaper article yesterday that said the "millennials" never listen to voice mail messages.  They only respond to text messages.  ??? That was news to me - as someone who has never texted anyone and always uses a land line to communicate.  Maybe that is why all of the robo-callers that call my home hang up when they receive my message machine's taped message asking them to leave a message and their phone number and I will return the call when it is convenient to me.  ;)

Anyway, it sure does seem like either the retail dealer doesn't have the correct Zero contact number or Zero is not reading or listening to the messages.  Either way it should be something that is easy to solve - if both parties want to do so.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

rDacted

• View Profile

Wow - that's a very familiar story to me. I've been waiting for my 2016 FXS since March 4th! I call them up every week and it's just delay after delay. The dealer informs me that they're trying to schedule time with Zero to look at the bike, and that their poor internet connection is giving them issues and they don't want to risk bricking the bike should the internet cut out.

FWIW I've put in an enquiry with the ACCC (Australian Competition and Consumer Commission) to ask what a reasonable amount of time is to wait for warranty repairs. I'll then have to look at my options.

Also as an aside the dealership informed me that I'm one of four Zeros in their workshop in a similar boat. Considering that Zero has pulled out of Australia I didn't think too much of it as their access to Zero or level of expertise might be subsequently affected... but if it's not an Australian issue but more global I'm more concerned.

domingo3

• View Profile

The shop called me this morning and let me know that they are replacing the motor.  It's a little surprising to me since this will be the second time that the motor has been replaced on my 2016 FXS and I haven't read much about others having motor replacements.  Although it's cheaper than a battery, I can't imagine a motor is cheap.  I'm hoping that this will be the end of my issues since my warranty runs out in a couple of months.
2016 Zero FXS 2018 Zero FXS 2016 SR

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page

If you saw my thread, you'll know my 2016 S just had its motor replaced too... JUST before the warranty ran out!  The new motor comes with its own warranty, but I'm not sure for how long (yet).  I should be getting the bike back this week.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1]