• March 28, 2024, 05:15:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: App won't let me update firmware 2  (Read 461 times)

nope

• View Profile
App won't let me update firmware 2
« on: April 30, 2018, 07:02:16 PM »

So I just went to update the firmware on my 2017 Zero DS, and the app says I have to take it to a dealer for the update. I just read that another owner had exactly the same problem at the end of 2017:
http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7626.msg64070#msg64070

In my case I took it to the dealer a few weeks ago for the first check but they forgot to update it and I don't plan to go again for the next 6-9 months.

Currently I have firmware version 12 and I was wondering if anyone has managed to update it themselves. I have both android and iphone to test.

SebfromBE

• View Profile
Re: App won't let me update firmware 2
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 05:56:04 PM »

Hi,

I have add the same issue on my 2017 Zero S. Cannot find back the post but basically I had to bring first the bike to the dealer for a firmware update. Afterwards, the next one I could do within the app.

My take on it is that the stock firmware was likely not ready for in-app update and that you need a certain firmware version until this is enabled...

I would guess that there is no worth in trying to hacking yourself into this. Not enough improvement/change. Either wait 6-9 month...

Cheers,

Seb

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:42:38 PM »

Hi,
I have add the same issue on my 2017 Zero S. Cannot find back the post but basically I had to bring first the bike to the dealer for a firmware update.
Link: Re: Internet Firmware Downloads

lampshade

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 01:03:49 AM »

Happened to me too.  Firmware 15.  Took it to the dealer in March, they say they did all the necessary work and that the firmware version would update in the app shortly.  Two months later, Zero won't return support emails and the firmware version is still the same.  Gonna bring it into another dealer tomorrow and see what they say.
2017 Zero SR

nope

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 03:10:00 PM »

Thanks for your feedback, if the new firmware doesn't make a big difference I'd rather wait for the next check.
Pages: [1]