• April 23, 2024, 05:42:49 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2011 Zero X need advice  (Read 708 times)

KeroseneRain

• View Profile
2011 Zero X need advice
« on: March 10, 2018, 07:12:31 AM »

Hey guys, new to this forum but I was told there's some geniuses here so i'm looking for help.  Just got a 2011 Zero X with almost no hours on it. Total steal on price, but it hasn't been charged in four years so it's pretty obvious the battery is dead.  BUT I was told by a guy at zero that if it was fully charged before it was left to sit, there could still be some juice in there.  So another problem came along with the bike, I have a charger but it's for a different zero.  It has a blue connecting piece and not the tiny red, white, and black connectors that are needed. So here's what I'm looking to find out. Does anybody know how to rebuild the battery? Is there a way to rewire the charger i currently have? Is there some badass out there that's gotten third party batteries to work? Keep in mind I was basically donated this bike so i'm not looking to have it rebuilt by zero for $1900. Also one last thing to mention, if you don't know any of these answers and are looking for a project zero that's literally mint and just been sitting name your price! i'm open to selling it.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]