• April 26, 2024, 07:49:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Destination Daytona  (Read 681 times)

Rugby4life

• View Profile
Destination Daytona
« on: March 01, 2018, 09:00:55 AM »

This past weekend, I took my wife to Daytona Beach to fulfill one of her bucket list items, to drive a NASCAR racecar on the track. I booked us into a romantic little bed and breakfast and was pleasantly surprised to find they had a Tesla destination charger and a 40 amp Clipper Creek J-plug charger for their 6 bedroom inn. I complimented them on their choices. They said they didn't know much about electric cars but had a previous guest that was a Tesla owner who advised them on which chargers to get. Their electrician tried to talk them down to lower spec units but they didn't want to cheap-out and disappoint their guests. They didn't even know electric motorcycles existed until I showed them a picture of my SR.
"Before attempting to beat the odds, first determine if you can survive the odds beating you."

Rugby4life

• View Profile
Re: Destination Daytona
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 09:02:58 AM »

We had a wonderful time during our stay because Art and Polly put the same type of "cut no corners" decision making in all other parts of their business. The beds are top notch. The huge, home cooked "no lunch" breakfast makes your next meal optional. Even simple little things like the fridge packed with complimentary bottled water, sodas, and Klondike ice cream bars demonstrate that guest comfort comes first. If you need suggestions for things to do or local places to eat, they'll hook you up. They never steered us wrong and WOW, they hit homeruns on some of them.
"Before attempting to beat the odds, first determine if you can survive the odds beating you."

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2018, 09:06:50 AM »

The River Lily Inn Bed and Breakfast is situated on the Intercostal Waterway (Halifax River) in the Holly Hill section of Daytona. It's 5 minutes from the Main Street motorcycle dealerships and all the downtown excitement. From the front porch you'd never know it because the road in front of the inn is posted at 25mph and is vigorously patrolled. That was one of our pastimes, picking out which vehicle was going to get pulled over. The area is so quiet we could sometimes overhear the drivers trying to beg their way out of a ticket. We were traveling in a convertible sports car and had no trouble all week because Polly warned me about it when I made my reservation.

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2018, 09:09:20 AM »

We all want to support businesses who value our electric transportation choices. It's a win-win situation when you can truly enjoy yourself while doing so. I didn't get a chance to ask, but I'm sure that if you call ahead, they would let you top up even if you're just passing through and not staying the night. They know you'll be there for an hour or so to give you a tour. We'll definitely be back and next time I'll bring my bike with me.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 09:46:16 AM by Rugby4life »

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2018, 09:11:22 AM »

Oh, and Art has an imaginative way of showing guest where to park.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2018, 09:08:17 PM »

Very nice!  :) Not quite like the No-Tell Patel motels that I frequent where they give you a battery-powered lantern for when the power goes out.  :-[
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Rugby4life

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 01:19:28 AM »

And the reason for the trip... She had a blast.
Sounded a bit different from the Zero going down the road.
Pages: [1]