• April 25, 2024, 12:13:17 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Gas Gas electric trial motorcycle  (Read 366 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Gas Gas electric trial motorcycle
« on: February 07, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »

This is interesting.  Who knew that trials was going electric and Gas Gas was selling a competition model to the public: 
https://electricmotorcycles.news/gasgas-presents-the-new-txe-electric-trial-motorbike/
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Fran K

• View Profile
Re: Gas Gas electric trial motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 04:52:59 AM »

The article does not say what organization is sanctioning the electric trials bike competition.  There has been only 1 and I take it Mark Colmer won it on a gas gas.  There is EM that also makes trials bikes perhaps they have a sub section here.  I noticed following the link that GasGas makes kids electric bikes.  Really allow parents more control of how much power the kid can get the way it reads to me. http://www.gasgas.com/en/ekids.html

Rugby4life

• View Profile
Re: Gas Gas electric trial motorcycle
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 08:15:20 AM »

This seems like a no brainer, instant torque, no chance of stalling, and a low center of gravity. A trials course doesn't require a huge amount of range and the absolutely linear throttle response facilitates clean, predictable launches up the rock face. I have found my Zero SR to be the easiest bike to ride at walking speeds I've ever owned (34 and counting).
"Before attempting to beat the odds, first determine if you can survive the odds beating you."
Pages: [1]