• April 26, 2024, 07:17:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: All New Alta Redshift MXR released today!  (Read 4026 times)

Marshm

• View Profile
Re: All New Alta Redshift MXR released today!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »

I had not checked out the EX until now.  That's nice.  Seat height is on the tall side for a trail bike though.  The videos show it in the woods riding at the right pace.  Seems like most motorcycle videos are of fast riding in some open desert or jumping like at the X-games or something.  I don't want a motorcycle for that.  Electric would make a good bike for woods riding.   

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2018, 01:47:53 AM »

With the sag set to the same spec as the MX, the seat height is a little lower than a KTM or Husqvarna enduro model. I am 5'4" and the Alta EX is actually pretty comfortable in stock trim for me. In my own experience, the Alta makes for a fantastic offroad/woods bike. torque and instant throttle response makes it a very powerful tool for clearing hills, rocks, logs, and other trail obstacles.
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Rtf

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2018, 07:41:12 AM »

I’m just waiting for a SM R spec or at least the ability to charge of 240vac for faster charge times. Waiting 6 hrs just is not practical.

Scott, maybe you have some insight on this. On Altas website viewing the SM model, it shows a 6hr charge time at 120vac. If you look down the page at the specs on the battery pack, it shows 240vac (4hrs) listed along with 120vac. I was under the impression that it wasn’t 240vac capable at all?

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2018, 03:09:10 AM »

I’m just waiting for a SM R spec or at least the ability to charge of 240vac for faster charge times. Waiting 6 hrs just is not practical.

Scott, maybe you have some insight on this. On Altas website viewing the SM model, it shows a 6hr charge time at 120vac. If you look down the page at the specs on the battery pack, it shows 240vac (4hrs) listed along with 120vac. I was under the impression that it wasn’t 240vac capable at all?

240 Volt capacity is coming as a software update on the 2018 Alta Redshift SM. I will call my rep today and see if there is any new info regarding the release of this update.
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2018, 08:33:00 AM »

240 Volt capacity is coming as a software update on the 2018 Alta Redshift SM. I will call my rep today and see if there is any new info regarding the release of this update.

As an owner of the original (more expensive) SM, I'd sure appreciate any info on this. 

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 10:34:39 PM »

The firmware is being tested on our fleet, however I cannot talk about a timeline for public release yet since it will depend on the bugs we find (if any).

ButchtheBARFdude

• Poseur
    • View Profile
    • BARF
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2018, 10:39:04 PM »

Yexterday I rode the new MXR on the MX track at Metcalf. My goodness, that bad boy has some beans.
My '17 MX doesn't have the snap of the throttle of the MXR and is way softer suspended. My MX is much better fot the trail riding I do.
But still...
2017 Alta MX019
2018 Alta EX006
2018 Alta SM025
2005 TMRacing 530 Black Dream
2001 TMRacing 250 2T
2006 Yamaha R6; KR Yellow
Pages: 1 [2]