• March 29, 2024, 02:44:41 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Shanghai Customs Street Tracker  (Read 792 times)

Leaver

Shanghai Customs Street Tracker
« on: January 31, 2018, 03:41:12 PM »

Greetings all,

I am very eager to get an electric motorcycle.  I love everything about them but until recently, just not have seen one that fits my personal sense of aesthetics when it comes to what I think a bike should look like.  I really admire what ZERO has been able to do mechanically.  But man... I just hate the look of "plastic transformer" bikes.  I was really thinking I was just going to have to suck it up when it comes to looks in order to have an E-Bike... Until...

Awhile ago I stumbled into reading about a cool new start-up company called "Shanghai Customs" and they really get my style, along with developing what seems like a really great e-bike in the "Electric Street Tracker". 

http://www.bikeexif.com/street-tracker-electric-motorcycle

Sounds like they'll try to get it out into production later this year, and I want one!  So I was wondering if there are any others here who are also looking forward to this seeing this bike in the flesh?

Thanks

Starpower

• View Profile
Re: Shanghai Customs Street Tracker
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 12:58:16 AM »

I like the looks a lot but the specs are BS, the battery should not be able to provide that range or the 5kW motor producing the claimed performance. Wheel motors are cheap and fine for scooters, but I would not have one on a street bike.
'13 Zero S 12.5 100% Solar charged, '14 BMW S1000R, '23 Admit Jet Armor, '21 Ninja 400, '21 WR250R

Leaver

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 03:31:54 AM »

I suppose time and testing will tell how well this 5000 W hub motor does in the production bike, but so far the prototype results sure have been impressive.  It certainly has my attention and I really look forward to giving it a go. 

I communicated with the owner last week, and Matthew said it should be in production by mid-year.  Fingers crossed... we shall see.

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 03:33:42 AM »

Lets just put it this way.
My BICYCLE has a hub motor with just over 8000w. Its a far cry from a motorcycle.

Leaver

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 05:17:18 AM »

My BICYCLE has a hub motor with just over 8000w. Its a far cry from a motorcycle.
How many volts are you sending to it with what kind of controller (amps)?

Certainly performance requirements are a personal and subjective thing.  I'm not interested in the type of specs that many of the ZERO bikes offer.  Just something that I can use for commuting around town and occasionally get up to 50 or 60 mph.  I "think" this bike will check those boxes for me.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 07:20:39 AM by Leaver »

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 10:22:51 AM »

How many volts are you sending to it with what kind of controller (amps)?

Certainly performance requirements are a personal and subjective thing.  I'm not interested in the type of specs that many of the ZERO bikes offer.  Just something that I can use for commuting around town and occasionally get up to 50 or 60 mph.  I "think" this bike will check those boxes for me.

My bicycle is 16s, so 66.4V hot off the charger since I only go to 4.15v per cell. I max at 130 amps from the battery, or 230A phase, whatever hits first. pulling out of my neighborhood I see 8400ish watts. the voltage and motor mean it maxes out at 45mph, but it gets there as fast as a normal car, so I can ride it in traffic. but once you're near 40mph you dont have any power to get away from danger its maxed.
Its fun, but its not something you can take on the highway. I would consider it in the same power range as a well tuned moped.
Pages: [1]