• April 25, 2024, 02:33:19 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Electric MonoRacer  (Read 497 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Electric MonoRacer
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:33:16 PM »

The MonoTracer will return, this time called the MonoRacer with an electric motor and a big battery.  Bring lots of money, though!   :o
https://electricmotorcycles.news/discover-the-power-of-electric-cabin-motorcycles/

Which reminds me, I haven't heard anything for the past few years regarding that two-wheel, gyro-stabilized, car that looked similar to the MonoTracer and was being developed in San Francisco. I guess, after a lot of promotional talk, articles and a few videos, the money finally ran out and the project and its developers imploded.  ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Brammofan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Electric MonoRacer
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 09:47:15 PM »

Which reminds me, I haven't heard anything for the past few years regarding that two-wheel, gyro-stabilized, car that looked similar to the MonoTracer and was being developed in San Francisco. I guess, after a lot of promotional talk, articles and a few videos, the money finally ran out and the project and its developers imploded.  ???
That would be the Lit Motors C1 and I just tried to load their website. It's still trying.

http://litmotors.com/c1/
2010 Brammo Enertia

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 03:59:18 AM »

If I had an obscene amount of money to spend, I'd rather buy this than a Lightning or Energica. Especially if it stands a greater chance of being importable than before and more serviceable than an electric motorcycle with totally custom powertrain.

The MonoTracer X-Prize win was what made me pay attention to electric motorcycles. If the principles and styling of that fairing could transfer to a Zero, I'd snap it up, just to have something reasonably equivalent at half the cost.

I do have a deposit in with Lit Motors, but agree that whatever momentum it had has passed, and the idea hasn't really come together as a product development path. It's too bad, because I think if it had worked, it'd have carved out a reasonable new personal transportation niche.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

Doug S

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 04:40:49 AM »

I just thought I'd run the numbers. For the MonoTracer, 350 miles estimated range on a 31.7 kWh battery gives them 90 Wh/mile; Zero's 13.0 kWh S is estimated to give 81 miles, so 160 Wh/mile. (Though Zero uses 70 mph for their freeway range spec, MonoTracer uses 65.) It's not clear how much power the MonoTracer has, but it seems a racing version they call the MonoRacer has 130 kW = 175 hp, so I'd doubt the street version is underpowered.

A pretty good example of just what good aerodynamics can do for a machine!
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

igorbaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 09:31:17 PM »

This Lit Motors C1 is amazing! It's a shame its future is now unpredictable...
2010 Zero DS w/ belt drive
2010 Suzuki Burgman 400
1997 Honda NX 350 Sahara
Pages: [1]