• April 26, 2024, 11:48:40 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Agressive Pricing on Alta Redshift Models  (Read 5509 times)

Rtf

• View Profile
Re: Agressive Pricing on Alta Redshift Models
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 02:47:21 AM »

Hi Judas,

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions from everyone , a lot of people are interested in these bikes and trying to find out more information. Can you shed some more light on why the SM isn’t marketed to use 240vac? You mentioned above that the on board charger is already equipped to use 240vac?

I guess my question is, if I went out tomorrow am and bought a Alta SM, what would it take to be able to charge off of 240vac and any idea on charge times? Although practical in some circumstances, there are times when waiting 6hrs to charge off 120vac just isn’t an option.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 06:51:58 PM »

Hi Judas,

Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions from everyone , a lot of people are interested in these bikes and trying to find out more information. Can you shed some more light on why the SM isn’t marketed to use 240vac? You mentioned above that the on board charger is already equipped to use 240vac?

I guess my question is, if I went out tomorrow am and bought a Alta SM, what would it take to be able to charge off of 240vac and any idea on charge times? Although practical in some circumstances, there are times when waiting 6hrs to charge off 120vac just isn’t an option.

Thank you, I have this bike and am still unsure how it would safely be done, I will be the first to tell you that I am new to the electric bike scene so all this is still a little intimidating, I know there was some mention of a firmware update, which I completely do no understand, and having a plug made by an electrician, I sort of understand the plug but would like to see something a little more concrete on exactly how it's done, to advertise it on their site and to only give vague replies on exactly how it's done concerns me a tad, maybe add a page in their online manual explaining it.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:55:31 PM by Ireek »

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 10:46:03 PM »

Good morning,
The SM onboard charger has the hardware needed to operate at 240V, however it is not enabled yet. That's where the software update comes in: when released and installed on a SM, it would enable the bike to charge at 240V.
The benefits will be of the order of 20 to 30% improvement of charge time (down to 4h30-ish).

As for the plug, we will not explain how to put it together for safety reasons. We want to make sure our customers go through a professional to make sure they have a safe setup (both on the plug side and on the wall side as well).

Rtf

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2018, 11:38:56 PM »

Thanks Judas,

Completely understand on wanting a professional to build the plug and install, I would want a professional to do the work regardless. I know it’s hard to predict the future, but is there any time frame on when this may be enabled? I’m not a buyer until it’s 240v capable so just curious if there was anything currently in the works.

Also, I hate to bombard you with questions, but you mentioned in another thread about a LHRB kit possibly coming from Brembo, any update on this? I’ve already been researching this so I was pleasantly surprised to see a possible kit coming.

Thank you again for taking the time to answer these questions, looking forward to becoming and Alta owner.

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2018, 01:20:29 AM »

I know it’s hard to predict the future, but is there any time frame on when this may be enabled? I’m not a buyer until it’s 240v capable so just curious if there was anything currently in the works.
As you mentioned, I can't tell when it will be released to the public (it requires testing and validation), but Engineering is currently working on that piece of firmware.

Also, I hate to bombard you with questions, but you mentioned in another thread about a LHRB kit possibly coming from Brembo, any update on this? I’ve already been researching this so I was pleasantly surprised to see a possible kit coming.
No worries about the questions. As for the LHB kit, the only piece missing is the install instructions. I am hoping it will be available for purchase (via dealers) within the next couple of weeks.

Rtf

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2018, 10:01:32 PM »

Thanks Judas,

One last question, what is the actual front and rear tire size on the SM?

Thanks!

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2018, 04:42:53 AM »

My bike has 120/70-17 on the front and 150/60-17 on the rear.

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2018, 10:17:45 PM »

My bike has 120/70-17 on the front and 150/60-17 on the rear.

There you go.

Richard230

• View Profile
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2018, 10:34:41 PM »

The new Alta MXR is now showing on the Alta website....  Significantly more HP, torque and a weight loss !!!!  More money, but how did they do that ????  Mostly mapping for the power increase I would suspect....  New juice in the battery may account for the weight savings....  Wonder how this good news will effect the run time ????
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 10:38:32 PM by ultratoad »
Pages: 1 2 [3]