• April 25, 2024, 11:07:07 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Agressive Pricing on Alta Redshift Models  (Read 5506 times)

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
Re: Agressive Pricing on Alta Redshift Models
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 03:43:19 AM »

any word on expansion into canada
Regulations in Canada are pretty close to the ones in EU, so it is likely we will enter Canada roughly at the same time as when the Redshifts will be euro-compliant.
2019 is a good target.

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 03:53:22 AM »

Hey Judas....  Appears that you are in a position to shed some light ????  A good, honest state of the union would be valuable for Alta and potential customers....  I feel like I got hoodwinked by Polaris and will never buy from them again....
I can't share our financials, but I am still getting paid if that's what you are worried about.  ;D

Joke aside, our goal has always been to make the bikes as inexpensive as we could. We now have enough dealers that we can plan our manufacturing well in advance (i.e. better manufacturing), we invested in our manufacturing capabilities significantly (i.e. better manufacturing again) and can achieve better pricing on the purchasing side thanks to our higher volume of production.

Another thing to take note of: the charger is sold separately because we now have 2 choices (2.7KW and 3.3KW).

I do not know what tomorrow is made of, but I can tell you I am confident enough that I left Tesla and bet my ability of putting food on the table for my wife and kids on it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 10:56:27 PM by Judaslefourbe »

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 03:58:43 AM »

Where are you located?

Israel
I should have recognized the handle  ;)

For international support, it will likely be via a distributor but it is still too early to tell. We are barely gauging the interest outside the US to understand what kind of strategy we want to follow.

As for spare part cross-references: Yamaha pegs from 2015 should fit, sprockets are KTM style, wheels as well (although the front wheels will require different spacers for the disc and axle), brakes are Brembo and widely available. We use normal chains and tires.

Any other concern you would like me to address?

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 04:02:43 AM »

Where are you located?

Israel
I should have recognized the handle  ;)

For international support, it will likely be via a distributor but it is still too early to tell. We are barely gauging the interest outside the US to understand what kind of strategy we want to follow.

As for spare part cross-references: Yamaha pegs from 2015 should fit, sprockets are KTM style, wheels as well (although the front wheels will require different spacers for the disc and axle), brakes are Brembo and widely available. We use normal chains and tires.

Any other concern you would like me to address?
If I end up purchasing the Redshift, you'll be the one to blame [emoji6]

Your support is very valuable, appreciate it.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 05:25:43 AM »

Anyone heard of any updates on the 240v charging on the SM?  As far as I know you can only charge the bike at 120, the site says 4hrs at 240 and 6hrs at 120, four hours would sure be nice compared to 6+.

Hoppy_250

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 09:34:08 AM »

So after market pegs for a 2015 Yamaha YZ250 should fit correctly then?

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2018, 09:45:09 AM »

Judas of Alta....  Thank you for your thoughtful and candid reply to my inquiry....  Your perspective on Alta's stance in the EV motorcycle community certainly has real merit here....  I think that Alta has a very high quality and well thought out product line....  The significantly lower prices seemed almost too good to be true....   Sure wish you guys had a dealer in San Jose....  I'm holding a spot in my garage open for an SM....

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 01:40:17 AM »

If I end up purchasing the Redshift, you'll be the one to blame [emoji6]

Your support is very valuable, appreciate it.

The support we receive from Alta on the dealer side is second to none! The company is always responsive questions and input and very responsive to customer needs.
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 08:29:20 AM »

When Zero had a rebate type sale a few years ago they gave aux chargers to those who had paid full price.
Any change my man Ireek could get a little something for his good faith early jump in?

StraydogEOMFD

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 09:40:12 PM »

All offroad models (EX and MX) will require a charger, you will two options for this:

Base (currently shipping with the Alta MX and EX) $499
Upgraded (will have some additional features) $799

All SM models will continue to feature onboard charging and do not require a separate charger purchase.

Would that charger work with the SM in addition to the on-board?  If yes, what is the rating of the charger?  I currently ride a '16 Zero FXS and do some track days here and there.  I use the onboard and one accessory to keep it juiced between sessions but my onboard is only 650W and the accessory is only 1 kW.  Also, has there been much testing with the SM in high performance applications in regards to heat retention?  I've got my heat light to come on a few times but thankfully have not yet hit thermal cutoff.

These new prices are nuts!  Especially for a bike that compared to my FXS, weighs 10 lbs less with 50 more ft lbs of torque! :o

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2018, 07:02:45 AM »

These new prices are nuts!  Especially for a bike that compared to my FXS, weighs 10 lbs less with 50 more ft lbs of torque! :o

One needs to factor in the final transmission.  The Alta. SM by their site is 15/50.  Zero stuff looks bigger at the back,   Rear wheel torque is most likely what matters especially when comparing one speed models.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:05:14 AM by Fran K »

StraydogEOMFD

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2018, 09:21:58 AM »

True, wonder what dyno numbers say about the two?  I've got the chain kit on my FXS as well so I'm sure that has an effect.

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2018, 11:30:36 PM »

Lots of questions & comments over the weekend, let me try to answer them all.
  • Odedmaz: you are very welcome
  • Ireek: this would come via a firmware update (the onboard charger is already capable of 240V). For safety reasons, we HIGHLY recommend you have an electrician build you an adapter.
  • Hoppy_250: yes they should. That being said, I recommend you be careful as usually aftermarket manufacturers have looser tolerances than OEMs, meaning the pegs might not fit. We have tested Warp 9, IMS and Raptor (Ti) with success.
  • Ultratoad: thank you for the kind words. We are trying to add a dealer in your area. We are very careful about adding dealers as we want to make sure they are a good fit for our brand, and vice-versa. I hope we'll be able to make you happy soon.
  • Elite: Thank you Scott! -Lewis.
  • NEW2elec: we do realize the new prices might upset some earlier customers and we understand it. I would recommend an email to our customer service (info@altamotors.co) and we will address those concerns on an individual basis.
  • StraydogEOMFD: Sadly the offboard charger will not work in combination with the onboard one. Our onboard charger is rated at 900W at 120V. We are indeed testing the SM in high performance situations, and it will hit thermal limiting in some cases. Send me a PM if you want more details on your particular case.
  • Fran K: Let's put it this way: with lowered suspensions, the in-house record for 0-60mph is 3.2 seconds. That's way more torque off the line than I personally can handle  ;D
  • StraydogEOMFD: We've never dyno'd a Zero for comparison. Our work has been parity (or better) with current 250cc motocrossers. That being you are correct: chains has more losses than a belt (it stretches).

Phew. I feel like I need a beer already!

Fran K

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2018, 12:33:24 AM »

Lots of questions & comments over the weekend, let me try to answer them all.
  • Fran K: Let's put it this way: with lowered suspensions, the in-house record for 0-60mph is 3.2 seconds. That's way more torque off the line than I personally can handle  ;D

Phew. I feel like I need a beer already!

My questions are in post 3 here.  The safety of these things could be for another thread.
1)can the mx one be purchaced with an 18 inch wheel? 
2) there is a discrepancy in the ex price in post 1 vs the Alta website, I did not check the sm version.

The pricing sure is aggressive compared to when I decided on getting the electric freeride.  It was like %53.  The Alta dealer in Plymoth Ma wanted full list plus at least $600 extra.  Plus sales tax but that is kind of necessary to do the public lands in Ma.

Judaslefourbe

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2018, 12:50:44 AM »

1)can the mx one be purchaced with an 18 inch wheel? 
2) there is a discrepancy in the ex price in post 1 vs the Alta website, I did not check the sm version.
1 - No, sorry. The MX comes out of the manufacturing floor with a 19" rear wheel. We do not have flexibility on our manufacturing line just yet.
2 - That should be fixed now. Let me know if you still see the error.
Pages: 1 [2] 3