General Category > Electric Motorcycle News

Voltu V1

(1/3) > >>

firepower:
More details of Voltu tech and design. Looks promising if they bring it to market.
Single controller/charger and also off grid inverter are cool design. Battery and motor are water cooled, maybe controller also.

He's saying vehicle, not bagel. 😂

http://www.voltumotor.com

NEW2elec:
Sounds great.  How much is this bagel?
Also this smaller battery 16.4-18kWh SR w PT is claiming the same combo range.
Well lets see one.

NEW2elec:
Wait this thing was going to come out in 2015.

Never trust a fat sales man, he's too good at what he does.

wavelet:
I can't find anything about the company, besides the fact that they have <10 employees and are based in Argentina. CEO is an assistant prof. of robotics, working on his PhD, with some experience in biomechanical engineering.
The specs look reasonable in theory... However, at what speed are the ranges calculated at? 200km @ 130km/h is very different than 200km @ 80km/h.
Neither the video or specs say give details on the fast charging. Is this AC or DC? If the same "piece of hardware" is used in the motor & for charging, the implication is something like the Renault Chameleon AC charger, which can do 43kW on European 3-phase  AC or 11kW AC.

Silly to invest any time or thought on extras (V2G, Bluetooth, GPS or social media) instead of a vital thing like a fairing.

The bike aside, their stated business plans don't make sense. They talk about selling their batteries for energy storage in parallel with e-motorcycles. Not gonna happen; those two markets have completely different customer types, and require different sales- and service people and organizational structure. A startup can't split efforts to this extent.
Also very unclear who actually produces or designs their cells and/or complete packs. There aren't many companies able to do this, and the claims here are too vague "better than anyone else" -- I didn't see any "Wh/kg" or "Wh/l" numbers I can actually compare to.

firepower:
Lot of marketing promises, little info on specs or suppliers, no product or proto types for review or testing. I just post to give heads up of possible new Electric Bagel. The specs and video are latest info released.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version