• March 28, 2024, 05:27:54 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Voltu V1  (Read 1063 times)

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Voltu V1
« on: January 04, 2018, 12:37:24 PM »

More details of Voltu tech and design. Looks promising if they bring it to market.
Single controller/charger and also off grid inverter are cool design. Battery and motor are water cooled, maybe controller also.

He's saying vehicle, not bagel. 😂

https://youtu.be/2-GUN8LrdYM

http://www.voltumotor.com

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:41:14 PM by firepower »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: Voltu V1
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 08:18:43 PM »

Sounds great.  How much is this bagel?
Also this smaller battery 16.4-18kWh SR w PT is claiming the same combo range.
Well lets see one.

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:17:16 PM »

Wait this thing was going to come out in 2015.

Never trust a fat sales man, he's too good at what he does.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 07:56:20 PM by NEW2elec »

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 12:55:03 AM »

I can't find anything about the company, besides the fact that they have <10 employees and are based in Argentina. CEO is an assistant prof. of robotics, working on his PhD, with some experience in biomechanical engineering.
The specs look reasonable in theory... However, at what speed are the ranges calculated at? 200km @ 130km/h is very different than 200km @ 80km/h.
Neither the video or specs say give details on the fast charging. Is this AC or DC? If the same "piece of hardware" is used in the motor & for charging, the implication is something like the Renault Chameleon AC charger, which can do 43kW on European 3-phase  AC or 11kW AC.

Silly to invest any time or thought on extras (V2G, Bluetooth, GPS or social media) instead of a vital thing like a fairing.

The bike aside, their stated business plans don't make sense. They talk about selling their batteries for energy storage in parallel with e-motorcycles. Not gonna happen; those two markets have completely different customer types, and require different sales- and service people and organizational structure. A startup can't split efforts to this extent.
Also very unclear who actually produces or designs their cells and/or complete packs. There aren't many companies able to do this, and the claims here are too vague "better than anyone else" -- I didn't see any "Wh/kg" or "Wh/l" numbers I can actually compare to.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2018, 02:54:21 PM »

Lot of marketing promises, little info on specs or suppliers, no product or proto types for review or testing. I just post to give heads up of possible new Electric Bagel. The specs and video are latest info released.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2018, 02:56:16 PM by firepower »

Ashveratu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 06:23:13 AM »

I read all the posts here and was wondering, why the hell are yall talking about a bagel. Then I watched the video and could not stop laughing, totally made my day.
2022 Energica Esseesse 9 RS Bormio Ice
2018 Tesla Model 3 Metallic Red wrap (Black) LR AWD

2020 Harley Livewire Fusion Yellow (traded in)
2014 Brammo Empulse in Yellow (Sold)
2013 Zero S 11.4 - Black (returned to Zero)

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2018, 11:22:32 AM »

I didn't realise what he was saying until 3/4 through the video, then I realised, so had to share.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 08:30:55 PM »

Here is another Voltu or is is Volta?  I am getting confused.  ??? It seems like new electric motorcycle companies pop up almost every day - just like bagels.  ::) At least this one carries a large suitcase, which is useful for when you visit your Siberian relatives during the summer:  https://electricmotorcycles.news/volta-family-electric-scooter/

Regarding the Voltu V1, who are they kidding with those specifications and that Glom clone chassis?   ::)  Not me.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 07, 2018, 08:34:21 PM by Richard230 »
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 08:11:01 AM »

There are dozens of electric scooter & bicycle companies & models called "Volta", which isn't surprising -- that would refer to Alessandro Volta, who invented the electric battery and whom the Volt unit is named after.
The one pictured in the Ukrainian website looks like something I saw on Alibaba a while back -- I'm sure it's just a generic electric Chinese scooter.

There's a Spanish company Volta that plans (or maybe already makes, no idea -- they originally announced these bikes in 2012) actual small motorcycles (3-4kWh batteries, 11kW motors); the specs as stated would make an OK commuter.

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2018, 12:48:53 PM »

Looks like a US company has bought them up, website and bike are now different.

http://www.voltumotor.com/

wavelet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2018, 06:24:52 PM »

Completely content-free website with fancy buzzwords like "digital propulsion". Lacking any actual info there, my default expectation is that they plan on importing & rebadging some Chinese e-scooters.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2018, 07:33:35 PM »

Completely content-free website with fancy buzzwords like "digital propulsion". Lacking any actual info there, my default expectation is that they plan on importing & rebadging some Chinese e-scooters.

And/Or trolling for investment dollars - as usual when pushing a new two/three wheel EV vehicle on the internet.   ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]