• April 25, 2024, 06:31:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: storage location if you have a charge tank  (Read 623 times)

deklund

• View Profile
storage location if you have a charge tank
« on: December 30, 2017, 08:07:05 AM »

Hi,

I am a noob to Zero, but I bought a 2017 DSR today with a charge tank.  My first rides have given me a great impression of the bike so far, and I'm looking forward to many gas-free miles, but, where to put the registration?  I have the charge tank option so I don't have the storage compartment in the tank I have seen discussed. 

Any good options that owners here can recommend?

Many thanks

Don

dukecola

• View Profile
Re: storage location if you have a charge tank
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 09:11:54 AM »

Not sure how big your registration is but mine fits in my wallet. I have the power tank so no storage either, but added top case and side cases. Now I can carry diginows and enough luggage for the wife for a 2-week trip!

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 08:20:51 PM »

I keep my registration in my wallet along with my driver's license.

I have all kinds of luggage mounted to my Zero, including a Givi top box, Cycle Case soft saddle bags, a RKA seat pack, a Marsee tank bag and a small gear bag (bought from Best Rest, I believe) Velcroed to the inside of my Zero touring windshield. So there are no lack of luggage options, but none that I would want to store my registration in. Because duplicate DMV paperwork is such a hassle to replace, I prefer to keep it on my person.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:06:54 PM »

In the wallet next to your drivers license, if I bother to take it with me at all... They can always look it up here if needed.

deklund

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 09:27:55 PM »

I have all kinds of luggage mounted to my Zero, including a Givi top box, Cycle Case soft saddle bags, a RKA seat pack, a Marsee tank bag and a small gear bag (bought from Best Rest, I believe) Velcroed to the inside of my Zero touring windshield. So there are no lack of luggage options, but none that I would want to store my registration in. Because duplicate DMV paperwork is such a hassle to replace, I prefer to keep it on my person.

Richard,

Thanks for your response and others.  Have you posted photos on the forum of your setup?  Apart from my small storage problem (I usually carry a tire plug kit with my reg), I also need some solid anchor points that I can use to tie parcels to.  I'm thinking the top box frame might do the trick.

Don

StraydogEOMFD

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 09:40:41 PM »

I use this to hold my insurance and registration on my FXS.  I beat the hell out of my bike off road on trails in addition to commuting and have yet to have any problems with it.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/stash-box-lockable-license-plate-storage-box-by-twisted-throttle?gloc=10&gclid=CjwKCAiAj53SBRBcEiwAT-3A2EAR04FkNuz6xFrSm3qqZUfBodiPbvpQ7yRtb9ZVVQHO92B5KYDg4RoC7yoQAvD_BwE
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:44:32 PM by StraydogEOMFD »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 12:53:37 AM »

There are soft tank bags and lots of hard and soft rear bag options.  In the "for sale" section of the forum a guy is selling a set of side case racks which are stronger than the Zero factory ones.
Most of the rack systems just mount to the bike using longer bolts that go where the seat attaching bolts go.
Jacket pockets, back packs, and don't forget the frame tube and swing arm tube for your charge cable.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2017, 05:24:09 AM »

Richard,

Thanks for your response and others.  Have you posted photos on the forum of your setup?  Apart from my small storage problem (I usually carry a tire plug kit with my reg), I also need some solid anchor points that I can use to tie parcels to.  I'm thinking the top box frame might do the trick.

Don

Here you go, Don. Although in these photos the tank bag is made by Cycle Case.
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.
Pages: [1]