• January 22, 2018, 07:54:27 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: ENERGICA sales numbers in 2017?  (Read 85 times)

SM

• View Profile
ENERGICA sales numbers in 2017?
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:18:18 AM »

We've been thinking of buying a pair of ENERGICAs for a while now.  Anemic sales numbers concern me.  My Italian is not so great and from what I'm reading in their financials less than a dozen motorcycles sold in the first-half of 2017.  Is this possible!  I was expecting something closer to 80, maybe 100.  Can anyone confirm what their financials suggest and how Energica did July-Dec 2017?

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: ENERGICA sales numbers in 2017?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 01:08:54 AM »

The bikes had been about $40K so that is a hard sell.  The lack of large dealer network hurts as well.  Mostly a Europe and CA option.  At $17k like the one dealer has, if I lived on CA I think I'd pick that one up.
If your worried the company might go out of business, well that's tricky.  They are a small arm of a bigger company so even though they aren't making money if the big boys believe they can make it work they may keep it going as a write off if nothing else.
I have one issue with the bike which is the type of battery it uses.  As they state on their web page it has a 11.7kWh battery with 1200 cycles till 80%.
Doing some math of Zero's early claims they were saying 2500 cycles till 80%.
Both could be a bit "optimistic".
If you want the speed (150mph) and power in your ride than the EGO is still really your best and almost only option.
Good luck.
Pages: [1]