• April 24, 2024, 09:16:37 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Odd charging behavior since the last software update  (Read 4163 times)

gborgan

• View Profile
Re: Odd charging behavior since the last software update
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »

@ Gborgan.

Have you heard anything back from Zero? As with yourself and others I have lost about 20% after the firmware update.
Took my ‘15 SR to the dealer a week ago Wednesday for tests. Haven’t heard anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »

I have updated firmware on a 2016 S. Had a few days of warmer weather, and got my range back during those days. Hoping your bike will do the same!

I’m in the San Diego area. We have had unseasonably warm weather until the last couple of days when the bike has been in the shop. Temperature would not be the cause of my lowered range.

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 02:43:55 AM »

JamieC —. Any idea what firmware revision you were on?

I found my 2016SR+PT now with v51 to be absolutely horrible. SOC gauge and charging are all off. It was perfect with the previous version 49.  Bike goes to 0% at only 55 miles now, used to be 120+. Sometimes it goes turtle mode while indicating 50%. Battery shows kwhr numbers that make no sense. Should hold 14kwhr, but only takes 9-10 from the wall but indicates it took 12, and I’m pretty sure the charger isn’t over unity. :)  when I talked to the dealer and they talked to Zero, the reason they told me was because I use the Zero supplied QuiQ charger in addition to the onboard and I shouldn’t do that!  Needless to say that I’m pretty upset about this version and the deferral from Zero that this is my fault for using the QuiQ that they sold me.

I’m trying to get in to the dealer again for the third time as I hear there is now a v52 for the 2016.  Otherwise this thing has become nearly useless as I don’t know if it can make the trip to work or not...

Did you get the firmware updated to a newer revision and fix the range issue?  Did you download the zero voltage app to see if the issue is just the range estimation algorithm?

toinet75

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2018, 03:27:55 PM »

Hi All !

Just got fresh news to tell you about this subject !

I had EXACTLY the same problem as mentionned in the topic !
SR 2016.  8.500 Km. No PT

Updated the firmware (Rev.53) via my Dealer 2 weeks ago.

And immediatly noticed a dramatic deacrease of the range AND of the amount of KW  displayed in the app (8.5 Kwh vs 11.5 / 12 Kwh) . 

The dealer told me a discussed with Zero and they recommend to empty the batery until the bike could not move at all. (I absolutely do not like to do this...)

But I did it this W.End  ( very stressy on highspeed road to see the counter dropping to zero and no exit in the next 4 km... ) . But it was ok, and I even had to make (a lot of)  circles in the neighbourhood tu empty it at all...

After that, I charged it.

At the beginning It was written: full charge in 7h26: Not good, that's the charging time of a 9.6Kwh Pack

6 hours later it was only 40 %

At the end, it was  100% charged in 10H. And the App shows 12,5 KwH

This morning, on ECO Mode, by a rainy day ( usual in Paris for the last 2 months), the estimated range, at the arrival, was 178 km. If  I add the 10 kilometers of my trip, the total rage range is then close to 190 km.

That's mean My lovely bike is Back !! Ah ! Ah ! too happy ! :-)

Hope this could help some of you !

Antoine

e-volution

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2018, 12:01:29 AM »

hey antoine,
thank you for your post. I have the same issue with my SR "15. After firmware rev. mbb 51/bms39 in September
2017 a significant range drop and only 8 kwh capacity at full charge on the zero app.
I did not believe that and did the test to drive my bike until 1 or 2% soc. Got the expected range in sport mode
something about 165 km. After recharge i had 100%, 11,6 kwh and an estimated range of 175 km.
So everything was fine.
After a few charging cycles the problems came back. The estimate range and indicated capacity after charging
dropped again.
Also the soc during driving the bike drops quicker than i was used to before this issues.
The only parameter i noticed i could rely on was the volt indicated on the app which always correlated with range
/soc i would expect.
In november i had another update to 52 /40 and hoped to fix the issues without success.

I`m happy for you getting your bike back and hope your issue is fixed. Anyhow please keep us informed.

see you        Peter

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2018, 03:29:01 AM »

Glad yours came back at least initially. Mine never showed above 9.3 kWh at 100% after Firmware.

Have you updated the Zero app on your phone?  Gone are kWh. Now it shows Volts.   I see 116 full (12.5 battery) and 91 when low enough to stop.   What’s with that switch?  Meanwhile no answers on the reduced range.

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2018, 05:50:30 AM »

My 2018 S with PT still shows 15.138 kWh on my Zero app when fully charged after I checked it today. Voltage shows 116 volts. I rode 37 miles the other day and only used 25% of the battery pack when the ambient temperature was 65 degrees.   :)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2018, 08:47:18 AM »

I can now OFFICIALLY call "BS" on my dealer and Zero's assertion that the reason for the low range readout since the last update was due to cold weather. It was 70 degrees today, and the readout on the range for the bike fully charged was 62 miles. Prior to the flash, it was anywhere from 80 to 95 miles so the new firmware is DEFINITELY screwed up!!!
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2018, 09:00:29 PM »

I can now OFFICIALLY call "BS" on my dealer and Zero's assertion that the reason for the low range readout since the last update was due to cold weather. It was 70 degrees today, and the readout on the range for the bike fully charged was 62 miles. Prior to the flash, it was anywhere from 80 to 95 miles so the new firmware is DEFINITELY screwed up!!!

Or perhaps you are the victim of Zero's version of the Apple method of battery life management.  ::)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Erasmo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2018, 09:24:34 PM »

I don't see why they would decrease clock speeds on the bike though.

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2018, 09:26:33 PM »

My 2018 S with PT still shows 15.138 kWh on my Zero app when fully charged after I checked it today. Voltage shows 116 volts. I rode 37 miles the other day and only used 25% of the battery pack when the ambient temperature was 65 degrees.   :)
Richard230....are you saying your Zero Phone App shows both kWh capacity AND volts?   Mine showed kWh until recently. There was an App update so I downloaded it. Now it only shows volts which is 116 at 100% charge on ‘15 SR. 

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2018, 09:38:17 PM »

Richard230....are you saying your Zero Phone App shows both kWh capacity AND volts?   Mine showed kWh until recently. There was an App update so I downloaded it. Now it only shows volts which is 116 at 100% charge on ‘15 SR. 

Yes.  It shows volts, kWh capacity remaining, allows me to change my custom performance to whatever I want to and does all of the other stuff it always did.   :)  My daughter has my old 2014 S and her app remains just as capable for that bike. (She downloaded her app when I gave her the bike last fall.  Both of us are using an app updated last July. The only change I saw when that app came out was that the battery condition information is now all on one page, whereas it used to be on two pages.

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2018, 09:54:49 PM »

Yes.  It shows volts, kWh capacity remaining, allows me to change my custom performance to whatever I want to and does all of the other stuff it always did.   :)  My daughter has my old 2014 S and her app remains just as capable for that bike. (She downloaded her app when I gave her the bike last fall.  Both of us are using an app updated last July. The only change I saw when that app came out was that the battery condition information is now all on one page, whereas it used to be on two pages.
My latest app came just a couple of weeks ago. One page for battery and no kWh block. There are several changes. I saved screen shots before/after if anyone’s interested. Losing the kWh capacity block almost feels like a conspiracy[emoji11].

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2018, 10:57:23 PM »

Or perhaps you are the victim of Zero's version of the Apple method of battery life management.  ::)

The bike will be two years old in two months so it is still under full factory warranty.  The battery has more than three years and 83,000 miles before it is supposed to be at less than 80% capacity.  I am PISSED right now.  I will be composing a letter to Zero corporate this weekend which I will be sending via certified USPS mail with a return receipt.  I want their OFFICIAL response as to what is going on.  No more of this "My dealer said Zero told them..." bullshit.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

gborgan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2018, 11:06:39 PM »

The bike will be two years old in two months so it is still under full factory warranty.  The battery has more than three years and 83,000 miles before it is supposed to be at less than 80% capacity.  I am PISSED right now.  I will be composing a letter to Zero corporate this weekend which I will be sending via certified USPS mail with a return receipt.  I want their OFFICIAL response as to what is going on.  No more of this "My dealer said Zero told them..." bullshit.
JaimeC, Would you say that your acceleration is just as strong or has there been a reduction there as well?  In my case I have both reduced range and power. Frankly it’s as if my SR became an S with small battery after the update.  Performance loss is most noticeable at higher speeds., say from 60+...lazy.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5