• March 28, 2024, 03:53:31 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just bought an Alta Redshift MX!  (Read 2229 times)

MX Engineer

• Electric Newbie
    • View Profile
Just bought an Alta Redshift MX!
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:38:55 AM »

Just bought a 2017 Alta Redshift MX!

It was a dealer's demo and it came with white plastic and a graphics kit! The white color and the installed graphic kit were the deciding factors, LOL!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 05:43:55 AM by MX Engineer »

rayivers

• electric feels so right
    • View Profile
Re: Just bought an Alta Redshift MX!
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 07:20:31 PM »

Nice!  I want mine in white too - maybe that's the EX plastic?  Hudson Valley MC is the closest Alta dealer to me, hopefully they can hook me up with a similar setup when the time comes.

Ray
'14 Zero FX 5.7 (now 2.8, MX), '14 Zero FX 2.8 (street), '19 Alta MXR, '18 Alta MXR, various '74 - '08 ICE dirt bikes

MX Engineer

• Electric Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 08:57:45 PM »

Tank to Corey Alexander from Hudson Valley Motorcycles. He hooked me up. He is a cool guy, a very fast racer himself.

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 10:48:24 PM »

Tank to Corey Alexander from Hudson Valley Motorcycles. He hooked me up. He is a cool guy, a very fast racer himself.
So much nicer in white than yellow. Congratulations.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

MX Engineer

• Electric Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:45:03 PM »

I think Alta should adopt White and Red as their company colors. The colors that Yamaha abandones in favor of blue. Afterall, Redshift has the word Red in its name.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 05:13:24 AM »

That's awesome, I love it!!  Congrats!!

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2017, 10:47:47 PM »

Just bought a 2017 Alta Redshift MX!

It was a dealer's demo and it came with white plastic and a graphics kit! The white color and the installed graphic kit were the deciding factors, LOL!

Yep....  That came out perfect....  Agreed, white with a nice trim color is hard to beat....  Enjoy....  Try to keep the rubber side down and the decals on !!!!

MX Engineer

• Electric Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 11:52:37 PM »

Thanks you for all the replies. I am having a blast riding it here off-road every day over the Christmas break. I never rode this much off-road on my MX bikes or adventure bikes. Electric makes it very relaxing. I can hear my rear tire hooking up or throwing roost -- it is very satisfying.

Hoppy_250

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 02:08:08 PM »

So i’m Really curious what would be the runtime on the battery riding single track at 15-18-20 mph. That is the variability on our trails most of the time at 16-17mph on average. I test rode the SM model was awesome but pavement really did not tell how it would work on the trail. I would buy the Ex if I pulled the trigger. So the other battery question i have is about road use. About 18miles or 40miles round trip. 70% at 60-65mph highway speed and the rest in town 35mph. Would it make it? I’m thinking mode 3 on the pavement and mode 2 or 3 on the trail. Any real world feedback would be awesome.

MX Engineer

• Electric Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 08:53:55 PM »

My average speed to date is 16mph. I have been trail riding powerline roads in Arizona (uphills and downhills) with an average trip of 25-30 miles, so it is 2 hours of riding plus breaks.

I do not have much experience on asphalt, but if Alta claims a 50mile range in pavement then I am sure if can do a 40mile round trip easily.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 09:50:51 AM by MX Engineer »

Hoppy_250

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 10:24:21 PM »

Thanks for the reply and real world info. The demos don’t really address the battery life in each persons situation. And I realize there are many factors to it.

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 11:14:50 PM »

Pie in the Sky I'm Afraid....  I don't have an Alta SM yet, but will....  I have ridden a couple and I am in love....  I currently have an Empulse TT that Victory claimed a 100 mile range on....  Never gonna happen !!!!  If I really baby it at low speed 70 miles, spirited riding in the hills at 60-85 mph, I can burn it to the ground is less than 40 miles....  I would be surprised if the Alta can do 30 miles at a sustained 65 mph.  Anybody gonna tell it like it is ????

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2018, 05:10:38 AM »

Pie in the Sky I'm Afraid....  I don't have an Alta SM yet, but will....  I have ridden a couple and I am in love....  I currently have an Empulse TT that Victory claimed a 100 mile range on....  Never gonna happen !!!!  If I really baby it at low speed 70 miles, spirited riding in the hills at 60-85 mph, I can burn it to the ground is less than 40 miles....  I would be surprised if the Alta can do 30 miles at a sustained 65 mph.  Anybody gonna tell it like it is ????

I have the SM and you're absolutely right, I have not tried 30 miles at sustained 65mph speeds, I very seriously doubt that this is possible, I've milked 43 miles out of mine on back roads never reaching 50mph, most speeds were less than 45mph.  The EX is going to have lower gearing compared to the SM so that kind of range at that speed will not be possible. 

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 09:35:40 AM »

Now, there's an honest guy right there....  Still gotta have an SM though....  I have had a lot of motorcycles, but the SM just makes me laugh uncontrollably inside my helmet....  If you have ridden one-- you fully understand !!!!

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »

Hate to keep thread jacking but back to the range of the SM version, the good news for me, and I'm admittedly still a noobie when it comes to electrics but I ride my bike at level 4 all the time and really don't see that much difference in range, but I don't ride on the highway so that's a factor I'm sure, I can still get decent range on back roads using the throttle as needed for fun.  I look at it like this, the bike is so much fun, I can have just as much fun in a short 30-40 mile ride as I can on a 200 mile ride on my ICE bikes, if my Alta got hundreds of miles per charge which would honestly be awesome, I'd never get anything else done in life...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 07:43:55 PM by Ireek »
Pages: [1] 2