• April 26, 2024, 09:35:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Which tires would fit  (Read 476 times)

TheGap

• View Profile
Which tires would fit
« on: December 07, 2017, 12:04:34 AM »

... on my Zero SR 2017

I really hope this isn't the umpteenth time this question has been asked. I couldn’t find anything else relevant in the search function.

The stock tires measure 110/70-17 (front) and 140/70-17 (rear) … but not all brands seem to have all size variants.
So I’m looking for the range of sizes which can fit.

Despite that the stock tires are Pirelli Diablo Rosso II, quite the reputable brand, I find that they have very poor grip on the road.
And now that winter is coming … I don’t want to brace myself.

So I’m looking at the Anlas Winter Grip Plus.
Unfortunately, their rear tires begin only at 150 and front tires at 120. And I don’t know enough about tires to just pick another size which can fit.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
Re: Which tires would fit
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 07:26:29 AM »

The first number is the width in milometers, the second number is the percentage of height to width, the final number is the rim diameter in inches.
The front rim on Zeros is 17"X3.00". Most front sizes would " FIT " but you would possibly have issues. Too tall and the tire may hit the fender.
While this may not be noticeable at a stop, it may happen at speed. Even if no contact, a larger tire would probably cause a sluggish feel.
The Rear is 17"X3.50" so a 130/90, 140/70, or 150/80 would all fit the rear. Similar caveat on the rear. Too wide may cause the side of the
tire to hit the belt. A taller tire would give a minimal increase in speed and possibly a touch more range but nothing significant.
The downside to bigger tires on either end is more weight so, possibly marginally less range, again, not a significant amount.
If a taller rear is used, then you may wish to calibrate the speedometer. Too large or too small may also cause different wear issues.

https://ridewrightwheels.com/pages/motorcycle-tire-wheel-fitment-chart
Pages: [1]