• March 29, 2024, 03:21:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: NYC IMS Show  (Read 314 times)

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
NYC IMS Show
« on: December 04, 2017, 06:32:17 AM »

Well, I rode my Zero into Manhattan today for the annual IMS Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center.  I found some parking on 38th street and headed into the show.  I was surprised to see a Zero display, and even more surprised to meet the infamous Harlan of Hollywood Electrics.  Had a nice chat with him regarding that sport touring fairing they're working on.  He said they are hoping to be ready to ship in January or February.  Hopefully I'll have recovered from Christmas spending by then.  Right next to Zero was a display from Energica.  Had a chance to sit on both the Ego and the Eva.  The Ego's seating position is a little too "committed" for me (As Detective Murtagh would say:  "I'm getting too old for this shit").  The Eva had a far more friendly seating position.  Both look very good in person.

After that, I hopped back on my Zero and headed uptown to the Dinosaur BBQ where I met a friend I met during my Buell-riding days.  Had a nice, FILLING lunch, and then headed back home.  Made it home with about ten miles to spare (at least according to the readout on the dash.  I'm a little suspicious of the number as it has been VERY low since the reflash, but the starting number has been getting higher and higher each time I ride it).  Total miles for the day, about 74 (should've only been about 64, but I accidentally took the LONG way into the city).
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

TheGap

• View Profile
Re: NYC IMS Show
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:11:54 PM »

(should've only been about 64, but I accidentally took the LONG way into the city)
I also often “accidentally” take the long way when I’m on my bike  ;D

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
Re: NYC IMS Show
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 09:29:57 PM »

(should've only been about 64, but I accidentally took the LONG way into the city)
I also often “accidentally” take the long way when I’m on my bike  ;D

Yeah, this really WASN'T intentional as the cold weather has shortened the range I enjoyed over the summer.  Fortunately, I was FORCED to keep the speed down once I hit New York City so that helped a LOT.  It is nice to be stuck in traffic without your left forearm getting sore and your thighs getting roasted.  Changed my whole attitude regarding getting stuck in traffic.

I really wouldn't INTENTIONALLY route over TWO toll bridges "just for fun."
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR
Pages: [1]