Found an interview with Czysz that has a lot of great info on the e1pc. I took some notes...
Alternative energy thing hit everybody by surprise – Motorsports industry was surprised by how quickly the market is available for this.
300 foot pounds initial torque – more than most passenger cars on a small contact patch
Nominal / sustained – 150 foot pounds
Magical – 1 moving part, perfect torque delivery
- This is what everyone was serching for.
- Add a layer of electronics to control initial throttle application. FIRMWARE
Rear suspension simplified from C1 so he could get it into production quicker. 6:00
- MC is a bicyclist
- E1pc had full regen 9:15
Expectations for e1pc in TTXGP:
- “we could have a fuse blow in the first 2 minutes” 9:45
- Competition: so far just press releases and hype so hard to tell how they will do.
- Really difficult struggle - economy
- Electric is more relevant than ICE
- MC was pessimistic about electric
- Hybrid is the ultimate – 11:15
Tesla lessons learned
- burnt 100 + million of cash to build a lotus that’s electric, but they did it
- sourced the batteries
- needed to pack them
- MotoCzysz has the most integrated battery package in the industry
- Intellectual property of the pack might be a business