Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

Wheelies, ahhhh, those wonderful wheelies...

(1/2) > >>

Ireek:
Sort of quiet around here so I just figured I'd enlighten y'all with some silly rhetoric.  I got the SM out today, that bike just makes me smile, and the wheelies, I love my wheelies, I'm looking forward to the optional rear hand brake coming, not bragging but I can ride a wheelie forever on a bicycle using the rear hand brake, I can only imagine when we get a rear brake on the handlebars on the Redshifts, it's just going to be silly fun.

Oh, what mode do you guys ride in?  I pretty much ride in 2 or 4, mode 3 to me just feels like more regen with no noticeable power increase, 4 can be a little harsh so smoother throttle action is good, now that I've gotten used to the bike, I usually ride in 4. 

speedkills:
4 for me unless it’s raining. It has more regen on fully closed throttle, but I feel like by not quite closing the throttle all of the way I can modulate the regen just fine and it feels better to be able to have more when I want.

KrazyEd:
Any Relation?

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=161

Ireek:

--- Quote from: KrazyEd on November 13, 2017, 10:32:34 AM ---Any Relation?

http://www.motorcyclemuseum.org/halloffame/detail.aspx?RacerID=161

--- End quote ---

Holy cow, 145 mile wheelie, dang that's impressive.  I remember a movie from the 80's called Cannonball Run where a guy was riding some sort of cruiser'ish bike and every time the camera was on him, he was on a wheelie, it was impressive, wonder if it's the same guy.  Right now I have to constantly increase speed when on the back wheel, I think the hand rear brake which I'm used to on a bicycle will help me keep from having to speed up all the time.  In reality, the rear brake should be used for backing it in, which honestly, I'll have to work on, should be interesting.

It's pretty much mode 4 for me all the time, as a street bike, may as well have it when you need it, the high amount of engine braking took me a minute but now I like it.  I'll use map 1 when I get hung up behind a car coming down the mtn, otherwise it'll almost come to a complete stop.

KrazyEd:
This guy used to do exhibitions. He would wheelie a Kawasaki Voyager ( Over 800 lbs. )
Videos of him all over. Here is an into to a movie about him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version