Makes And Models > Other Electric Motorcycles

LS-218 vs H2

(1/5) > >>

ultrarnr:
In the December issue of Motorcyclist magazine there is an article about the Lightening LS-218 taking on the Kawasaki H2 in the quarter mile. It is not full of technical details and is more of a gasoline vs electricity type of article. In the end the H2 completed the quarter mile at 148 MPH and 9.94 seconds with the LS-218 less than a hundredth of a second and 4 MPH behind.

Frank:
I saw this article too.  Two of the fastest stock motorcycles on the planet right there.

MrDude_1:

The zero is on here... maybe the Lightening should be too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fastest_production_motorcycles_by_acceleration

Doug S:
I doubt Lightning (btw there's no "e" in "Lightning") is considered a production vehicle. Don't know what the standard is for the list, but no way Lightning meets any reasonable criteria for homologation.

When I found the Zero SR on the list, I thought "they need to update that, the newer one is faster". But then I realized most of the bikes are old! Someone really needs to spend some time updating that list.

MrDude_1:

--- Quote from: Doug S on October 31, 2017, 08:17:19 PM ---(btw there's no "e" in "Lightning")

--- End quote ---

lol, that's what I get for copying the initial post.

--- Quote from: Doug S on October 31, 2017, 08:17:19 PM ---When I found the Zero SR on the list, I thought "they need to update that, the newer one is faster". But then I realized most of the bikes are old! Someone really needs to spend some time updating that list.

--- End quote ---
often bikes stay the same with respect to performance and mechanical for about 5-8 years. Or the new one is slower because its heavier or geared differently. You cant always go off of age as a factor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version