• April 26, 2024, 12:29:41 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New rider from Kansas  (Read 489 times)

ZEROCOOL

• View Profile
New rider from Kansas
« on: October 21, 2017, 08:49:56 PM »

Hi I just joined from Topeka Kansas purchase the 2017 zero fxs in April have three thousand miles on it.
Been riding for many years but in 08 i got hit buy a motorhome so i have a lot of injuries that limit how far and long i can ride anymore. This is one of the reasons I started looking at zero motorcycles. I'm a bit heavy 230 lb 6'4. Between City and 50 mph Highway roads I get about 45-50 miles with around 30% battery left, I usually don't below 30% if I can. Only had one problem with it so far when I received the motorcycle it had a damaged belt and was replaced free of charge.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 03:03:40 AM by ZEROCOOL »
2017 Zero FXS, 2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R Black, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1, 2006 Yamaha  YZF R6 Raven

originalspacerob

• View Profile
Re: New rider from Kansas
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 07:35:15 AM »

Very nice bike.  Glad to hear you are enjoying it.  But sorry to hear about you accident.  Glad you hear you are back riding again.   I wish you many happy miles with your Zero.
    I'm like you.  Just picked up a Zero this year also.  I am enjoying it a lot.  it felt weird being on my IC bike again after 1.5 months riding the zero everyday.  Starting to add the miles on even though its getting cooler. 
First Electric Motorcycle, 2017 ZERO DSR
2004 R1150GS ADV
1980 GS550
2008 XR650L, CRF front forks and Wilbers Rear Shock
2001 Ural Patrol
2006 TTR230

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 10:45:51 PM »

Awesome.  Good to have you on the forum.  Glad you can get that range with 30% left over (I'm almost your weight and height). Not freeway, I assume.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 12:18:57 AM »

Oh, and speaking of ZEROCOOL, have you seen Zero Below Zero?

It's a blog and a book about cold weather riding with a Zero.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

ZEROCOOL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 12:56:12 AM »

Very nice bike.  Glad to hear you are enjoying it.  But sorry to hear about you accident.  Glad you hear you are back riding again.   I wish you many happy miles with your Zero.
    I'm like you.  Just picked up a Zero this year also.  I am enjoying it a lot.  it felt weird being on my IC bike again after 1.5 months riding the zero everyday.  Starting to add the miles on even though its getting cooler.
Thanks , I actually wanted the DSR untel Zero came out with the FXS i'm tall so the DSR was a better choice just a bit more than I wanted to spend. The 2016 FXS had a few issues that concerned me like the overheating but the 2017 sold me on. My Zero dealership is 1 1/2 hours away I put cash down in November and they finally got it in april.. Only issue I have is range, there are a couple lakes around here I like to ride to and if the temperature, wind and a few other conditions were right I should be able to make it home with probably a little less than 10% battery left. Thats just to close for me. Now the 2018 FXS shows it can go 10 miles further._ hmmmm. That should definitely make my ride to the lakes and back.
2017 Zero FXS, 2014 KTM 1290 Superduke R Black, 2013 Kawasaki Ninja 300 SE, 2009 Yamaha YZF R1, 2006 Yamaha  YZF R6 Raven

ZEROCOOL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 01:45:12 AM »

Awesome.  Good to have you on the forum.  Glad you can get that range with 30% left over (I'm almost your weight and height). Not freeway, I assume.
Thanks, no not freeway but I do take it frequently on 70 mph highways only about 30 miles total. always 50% or more left. Never have seen the 90 miles
estimated on the display, mine is always been 77.5 estimated. have not been 50 miles on it yet but I have logged most all my rides this summer, best 1 written down is 44.5 miles
27% battery at end of ride.  It's about half 50mph and half city speeds. I use Rever app to record my rides just wish it could be used with a gopro it helps me figure  my routes 
and how far I can ride. I ride the same routes over several times but each time I put a waypoint or marker  at streets every 3 miles and write down my battery % at each. After done
this several times I can look at the rides I recorded and have an average what my battery % should be at every time I pass streets I marked  this down at, it's good only if I
use the same routes but helps me figure how much further I can add to that route. :)

ZEROCOOL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 01:51:49 AM »

not sure but I have seen maybe on youtube or somewhere about somone testing a Zero FX in Duluth Mn and I lived
in Minnesota years ago, some friends and I used to go to Duluth in winter to race RC cars. Years ago  ;D

clay.leihy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 05:14:56 AM »

not sure but I have seen maybe on youtube or somewhere about somone testing a Zero FX in Duluth Mn and I lived
in Minnesota years ago, some friends and I used to go to Duluth in winter to race RC cars. Years ago  ;D
The Aerostitch folks equipped it with studded tires and a battery heater (and of course, a chrome skull with lighted red eyes) and took turns riding it all winter.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk

Clay
DoD #2160,6

ZEROCOOL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 06:37:50 AM »

The Aerostitch folks equipped it with studded tires and a battery heater (and of course, a chrome skull with lighted red eyes) and took turns riding it all winter.

Sent from my Z982 using Tapatalk
yep I remember it now..they made a battery heater like in their jackets kept the bike outside and never washed it.
Pages: [1]