• March 28, 2024, 07:34:24 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Battery down to 60%, what are my rights? What do you advise me to do?  (Read 1549 times)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
Re: Battery down to 60%, what are my rights? What do you advise me to do?
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2017, 04:57:20 AM »

> 2. The degradation took a few weeks. The battery indicated 100% but I was starting to get speed-capped after less than 80KM (normally the range is 120 KM). Had some real frightening rides where I keep decelerating on a highway. On the day I returned the bike to the dealer, battery said 49% remaining on a ride which normally left ~70% available. Since I live on a hill, 49% at work means I can't make the ride home.

Wow, that sounds scary.  Yes, i think BTR is right, that one of the three bricks went offline, and these incidents were probably related to it or the connection to it failing.  The logs of that time would probably say more, might even be able to narrow it down.  (At a guess, one might see communication errors or sudden connect/disconnects or even voltage mismatches, surges of power as bricks that were discharging might have had intermittent contact with bricks that hadn't been, maybe a blown fuse.)

> All in all, I'm satisfied. I'd be happy to answer additional questions.

Thanks for the report.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
Re: Battery down to 60%, what are my rights? What do you advise me to do?
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2017, 04:58:07 AM »

PS: I suggest marking this thread [SOLVED]
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: 1 [2]