• April 27, 2024, 09:35:29 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Looking to buy 3.3kw 29Ah powertank. Please PM me if you have one for sale...  (Read 595 times)

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile

For use on 2016 SR 8)

Also, if anyone has ocean front property in Arizona.... ::)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 03:20:49 AM by ZeroPointZero »

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site

Buy* one through your dealer. Power Tanks do not have any viable used market yet.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 04:36:51 AM by BrianTRice »
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

ZeroPointZero

• View Profile

But one through your dealer. Power Tanks do not have any viable used market yet.

I figured I ask, since Im looking at a $3k upgrade!  :o

Electric Terry

• View Profile

Since you are considering spending $3k on your 2016, which if you ever sell it will not make it worth $3k more on the used market, I might suggest instead spending ~$4k to trade in the 2016 on a 2018 14.4 kWh bike.  You can save the option to one day get a powertank or perhaps a charge tank at a later date.   So you leave yourself options to increase range more later.  If you get the powertank on the 2016 now, that's it.  You have no more room to upgrade later.

Other big benefits also would be the wider stronger belt, and the higher power motor controller for more acceleration when you need it.  This is what I would recommend vs buying a new powertank for a 2 year old bike.
100,000+ all electric miles on Zero Motorcycles - 75,000+ on a 2012 Zero S and 35,000+ miles on a 2015 Zero SR
http://www.facebook.com/electricterry
http://instagram.com/electricterry
https://twitter.com/electricterry

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile

Since you are considering spending $3k on your 2016, which if you ever sell it will not make it worth $3k more on the used market, I might suggest instead spending ~$4k to trade in the 2016 on a 2018 14.4 kWh bike.  You can save the option to one day get a powertank or perhaps a charge tank at a later date.   So you leave yourself options to increase range more later.  If you get the powertank on the 2016 now, that's it.  You have no more room to upgrade later.

Other big benefits also would be the wider stronger belt, and the higher power motor controller for more acceleration when you need it.  This is what I would recommend vs buying a new powertank for a 2 year old bike.
Terry, am I reading this correctly? I can trade in my 2016 SR for a 2018 for $4K ??!! Is this a Zero company option, or a local dealer option?
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR
Pages: [1]