Makes And Models > Alta Motorcycles

New Alta Redshift EX Dual Sport

(1/3) > >>

Ireek:
Man, had I known, I would have waited for this, I was originally wanting a dual sport, I love my SM but this would be awesome, wonder what kind of trade in I could get on my Super Moto >:(  Offboard charger means much faster charge times, I understand why the SM has an onboard charger but you gotta be parked for up to 8 hours for a full charge, that is a long lunch break.

https://www.altamotors.co/redshiftex#redshift-ex

NEW2elec:
Alta had all three models on their website early on then they focused on the MX since it was the first to come out.  If the EX has an off board charger then maybe there is a port on your SM for that charger or maybe have the dealer set yours up like the EX by pulling the on board charger.
Being one of the first has some pains but years from now you'll have bragging rights.  :)

Ireek:

--- Quote from: NEW2elec on October 08, 2017, 08:44:34 PM ---Alta had all three models on their website early on then they focused on the MX since it was the first to come out.  If the EX has an off board charger then maybe there is a port on your SM for that charger or maybe have the dealer set yours up like the EX by pulling the on board charger.
Being one of the first has some pains but years from now you'll have bragging rights.  :)

--- End quote ---

Hmm, I did not know that all 3 models were shown early on, I'm still pretty new, that is cool though.  That is a good idea about pulling the on board charger in favor of the faster off board charger, definitely something worth checking into, I appreciate it! 

I spoke to my dealer today and he thinks the EX will be shipping in the next month and that it will be available with an on board charger and an off board charger, I think the off board is the way to go since I have a generator, not certain which direction I'll go.   

EliteMotorsports:
The EX will officially ship with an offboard charger (less weight and faster charging). It is rumored that you might be able to special order it in the later production stages with an onboard charger (same as the SM).

Hang tight on the onboard charger, a possible update is being developed to allow for charging on 220v.

corbinthelizard:
I have a deposit on an EX and was told by my dealer that delivery would likely be in December.  Glad to hear it will be shipping with the off-board charger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version