• March 28, 2024, 05:36:05 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: New Alta Redshift EX Dual Sport  (Read 2131 times)

Ireek

• View Profile
New Alta Redshift EX Dual Sport
« on: October 07, 2017, 05:36:07 AM »

Man, had I known, I would have waited for this, I was originally wanting a dual sport, I love my SM but this would be awesome, wonder what kind of trade in I could get on my Super Moto >:(  Offboard charger means much faster charge times, I understand why the SM has an onboard charger but you gotta be parked for up to 8 hours for a full charge, that is a long lunch break.

https://www.altamotors.co/redshiftex#redshift-ex
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:13:43 AM by Ireek »

NEW2elec

• View Profile
Re: New Alta Redshift EX Dual Sport
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 08:44:34 PM »

Alta had all three models on their website early on then they focused on the MX since it was the first to come out.  If the EX has an off board charger then maybe there is a port on your SM for that charger or maybe have the dealer set yours up like the EX by pulling the on board charger.
Being one of the first has some pains but years from now you'll have bragging rights.  :)

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:29:09 AM »

Alta had all three models on their website early on then they focused on the MX since it was the first to come out.  If the EX has an off board charger then maybe there is a port on your SM for that charger or maybe have the dealer set yours up like the EX by pulling the on board charger.
Being one of the first has some pains but years from now you'll have bragging rights.  :)

Hmm, I did not know that all 3 models were shown early on, I'm still pretty new, that is cool though.  That is a good idea about pulling the on board charger in favor of the faster off board charger, definitely something worth checking into, I appreciate it! 

I spoke to my dealer today and he thinks the EX will be shipping in the next month and that it will be available with an on board charger and an off board charger, I think the off board is the way to go since I have a generator, not certain which direction I'll go.   

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 10:55:08 PM »

The EX will officially ship with an offboard charger (less weight and faster charging). It is rumored that you might be able to special order it in the later production stages with an onboard charger (same as the SM).

Hang tight on the onboard charger, a possible update is being developed to allow for charging on 220v.

Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

corbinthelizard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 11:42:17 PM »

I have a deposit on an EX and was told by my dealer that delivery would likely be in December.  Glad to hear it will be shipping with the off-board charger.

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 01:40:08 AM »

I have a deposit on an EX and was told by my dealer that delivery would likely be in December.  Glad to hear it will be shipping with the off-board charger.

You are going to love the EX!
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2017, 03:59:13 AM »

I have my name one one too:). Didn't think it was going to be December though but that'll actually work out better for me...  I too am happy with the off board charger ;)

droidish

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 08:31:54 AM »

Oh man, I did not need to see this thread. Now my mind is busy scheming up ways to fund an EX. Let's see, maybe if I sell the Ducati, the VFR, and the DR-Z...
Michael

'17 Zero SR
'03 Suzuki DR-Z400

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 05:52:57 AM »

Oh man, I did not need to see this thread. Now my mind is busy scheming up ways to fund an EX. Let's see, maybe if I sell the Ducati, the VFR, and the DR-Z...

That's where I'm at, trying to sell off an Africa Twin to fund the EX, very foolishly bought a new CRF 250 Rally thinking it would be a fun little dual sport, man, it actually handles pretty well but that thing is so darn anemic in the power department compared to my Alta SM I just can't stand riding the thing. So now, I've two bikes to get rid of to fund the EX...

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 10:55:06 PM »

Reminder:  Alta Demo Day at Metcalf MC park in San Jose!  Sunday Dec 10th from 10am till 2pm.  Should be a blast....

TooTall

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 09:06:38 PM »

New to the forum and trying to understand the different Alta models.  Question, does the EX come with the "off-board" charger for the $12,995 price or is that an extra?  Also are dealers giving test rides on these models?  My closest dealer would be in Colorado and my daughter lives there.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 04:50:19 AM »

New to the forum and trying to understand the different Alta models.  Question, does the EX come with the "off-board" charger for the $12,995 price or is that an extra?  Also are dealers giving test rides on these models?  My closest dealer would be in Colorado and my daughter lives there.

The charger is extra, $499 for the base charger and $799 for the upgraded charger, honestly, I'm not sure what the exact differences are between the two, I'm sure someone here can elaborate...  I'm sure each dealer is different but I'm under the impression that demos are possible and encouraged, be prepared though, if you ride one of these bikes, you'll be hooked:)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:54:24 AM by Ireek »

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2018, 11:45:00 PM »

The EX-comes equipped for an off-board charger. The off-board charger has two benefits over the onboard charger that is equipped with the SM, lighter weight and faster charging. The reason the charger is sold separately is you now have a choice between two chargers. The most notable difference between the chargers (as far as the EX is concerned) is the new charger is IP67 rated, this means it is dust and waterproof. You really can't go wrong either way so the charger could be a way to save a little money. I have heard rumors that the EX could possibly be ordered with an onboard charger, this is not confirmed and could increase wait time as Alta is already at capacity manufacturing the MXR.

We are getting an EX as a demo sometime soon so let me know if you would like to take one for a spin. I have an SM on the floor that you are more than welcome to ride anytime.

Scott
Elite Motorsports
scott@elitektm.com
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

ultratoad

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2018, 11:50:43 PM »

Wish there were more Alta dealers as jazzed and motivated as you....  Your input is truly appreciated....

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2018, 02:43:24 AM »

Wish there were more Alta dealers as jazzed and motivated as you....  Your input is truly appreciated....

I think most people that know me wish I would be quiet about all this Alta stuff  ;) I honestly haven't ridden the KTM since we picked up Alta!
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537
Pages: [1]