I received the new Blade XT on Dec 2007, and was very happy when it arrived. It went all down hill from there. After a short period I asked for a full refund due to Poor performance and problems with bike. It took almost 8 months to receive the refund money due to the company had no funds. Happy it is all over now. Looking the Quantya, or may wait till KTM comes out with thier electric production bike in two years.
Here are a couple of points about the Blade XT..........................
The good points or the bike are......
1. Great Controller (Alltrax 4844)
2. Good motor (PMG132)
3. Unreal Suspension
4. Better Brakes
Some of the bad points
1. Poor battery set (Thundersky 40 ah) Puts out only 46v @ 120amps cont. This equals to 5.5kw of power. Not the 13kw advertised. Voltage drops bellow 40v during acceleration.
2. Poor quality in the plastic finish
3. Plastic mounts too thin of material
4. Front knob MX tires used for the rear tire.
5. Front and rear hubs not machined correctly causing wobble at sprocket.
6. No return spring installed at the foot pegs.
7. Kick stand mounting wears through you riding boots after short ride due to sharp edges
8. Poor wiring. (wires were wrapped with electrical tape, and or hanging loose etc)
9. Batteries drain if they stay plugged into the controller.
10. No BMS in the charging of the Lithium batteries
11. More attention to detail is needed
This list goes on.
Last I have heard Electricmoto is in the works of installing a better battery pack and repairing all the problems of the earlier Blade XT.
If anyone has questions or wants pictures of the Blade XT let me know on this post.