• April 26, 2024, 09:00:44 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dropped Bikes  (Read 1979 times)

pluto

• View Profile
Re: Dropped Bikes
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 07:18:41 AM »

First time was the day I took delivery - maybe it's a crash rather than a drop, since I hit the throttle too hard on a right hand turn after a stop sign.

New tires, loss of traction? Been there....

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 04:01:44 AM »

>... First time was the day I took delivery - maybe it's a crash rather than a drop, since I hit the throttle too hard on a right hand turn after a stop sign.   ...

I think this is pretty common for new owners.  You get the giggles and can't resist trying to get more of that awesome g-force.  But the tires are new and the surfaces aren't perfect and you haven't quite calibrated yet.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

adaviel

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 11:46:18 AM »

I put the too-short kickstand down and as I was getting off the bike it rolled forward, fell over and knocked me flat on my butt.
There are a couple of threads about parking brakes such as one I started at http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7432.0. Wrapping velcro around the brake lever seems the popular solution. I haven't yet tried to park on a hill but it's clearly something to watch for. I'm just getting over dumping mine on a merely wet road - more torque that I'm used to on my gas bike

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 10:32:42 PM »

> Wrapping velcro around the brake lever seems the popular solution....

It's certainly the cheap one.  They sell it by the rolls anywhere they sell plants.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

TheGap

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2018, 04:07:01 AM »

I dropped my Zero SR 2017 only once so far. See 5s fragment from my helmet camera  8)
Sorry for the extremely poor quality ... I had to get it under 600kB to be able to attach it.

calamarichris

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2018, 11:18:38 PM »

After an 800-mile day on a multi-day road trip, I pulled my '92 Harley Sportster up to a stoplight in Cedar City, UT. I was new to motorcycling back then and it had been a long day on the road, but I still should have remembered to put my feet down when I came to a stop. I toppled over and of course there was a convertible VW Cabriolet full of cute, young coeds next to me. Burned with shame, but I always make a mental note to put my feet down when I come to a stop now.

Paid the tuition, might as well pay attention.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 11:20:42 PM by calamarichris »
2018 SR14.4 (in January 2018)
2015 BMW F800GT
2002 Kawasaki ZX9R
2000 Kawasaki W650 (2)
Pages: 1 [2]