• April 26, 2024, 10:01:34 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Honda's new electric motorcycle concept  (Read 659 times)

Richard230

• View Profile
Honda's new electric motorcycle concept
« on: September 30, 2017, 03:44:33 AM »

Still a concept, though. :( I wonder when Honda will be getting off of the pot and finally take the plunge into the real electric motorcycle market? This bike looks pretty nice and appears well developed, but I the "Riding Assist-e" name seems a little weird.  Kind of like an electric assist pedal bicycle.    And do we really need a self-balancing motorcycle?  ??? That sounds like the sort of thing government safety bureaucrats would embrace - and then start mandating for all manufacturers.   ::) 
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/honda/self-balancing-honda-riding-assist-e-concept-headed-for-2017-tokyo-motor-show.html
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Doug S

• View Profile
Re: Honda's new electric motorcycle concept
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 04:16:43 AM »

They're making the same mistake a lot of car manufacturers made regarding EVs not too many years ago (I'm looking at YOU, Nissan). They assume people that want EVs want toy-looking, rinky-dink little stupid things that look like they were injection molded out of brightly-colored plastic. What we ACTUALLY want, on the other hand, is a high-quality, high-performance, sexy, beautiful, sleek vehicle that happens to have an electric drivetrain. I don't understand why that's such a hard lesson for the big ICE manufacturers to learn.

I suppose, as they say, it's hard to get someone to believe something his job depends on him not believing. But the biggest ICE manufacturers stand to lose the most in the long run if they don't get on board soon.
There's no better alarm clock than sunlight on asphalt.

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 06:22:48 AM »

Here’s etectrek’s coverage. I think they’re targeting it at folk like me (with limited hip function), for one. I can see the bobtail would make getting a leg over much easier. The foot pegs are set to not require much hip flexion, ditto the high and close handlebars and tall riding position.

http://electrek.co/2017/09/29/honda-introduces-riding-assist-e-self-balancing-electric-motorcycle/
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

NEW2elec

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 07:34:54 PM »

Hey a self propelled motorcycle with gyros to make it almost impossible to knock over has some quirky benefits for regular people.
But it's military benefits for riding and shooting are off the chart.
Pages: [1]