• November 23, 2017, 11:15:21 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram  (Read 255 times)

cheerad

• View Profile
Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram
« on: September 26, 2017, 05:03:30 PM »

Dear all,

I'm riding a 2011 DS for a couple of month now, and it drove quite well. Some weeks ago, the motor didn't start anymore after stopping at a traffic light for example. Sometimes it started after a couple of times switching on and off the ignition, sometimes I had to wait till the next day. I started checking everything, the motor, the connectors, reading out the MBB and the controller - no errors. I then measured the resistance of the throttle at the connectors to the controller, and realized that it is not connected directly, but through the MBB I guess. So to understand everything now and to find the error, I'm looking for a wiring diagram. My dealer doesn't have one, Zero in Europe tells me, that "we are not allowed sharing any technical details directly with customers regarding safety issues".
Can anybody help?

Thanks, Christoph
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:36:06 PM by cheerad »
All the best,
Christoph
Zero DS 2011

giacomo

• View Profile
Re: Zero DS 2011 wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:41:04 PM »

Dear all,

I'm riding a 2011 DS for a couple of month now, and it drove quite well. Some weeks ago, the motor didn't start anymore after stopping at a traffic light for example. Sometimes it started after a couple of times switching on and off the ignition, sometimes I had to wait till the next day. I started checking everything, the motor, the connectors, reading out the MBB and the controller - no errors. I the measured the resistance of the throttle at the connectors to the controller, and realized that it is not connected directly, but through the MBB I guess. So to understand everything now and to find the error, I'm looking for a wiring diagram. My dealer doesn't have on, Zero in Europe tells me, that "we are not allowed sharing any technical details directly with customers regarding safety issues".
Can anybody help?

Thanks, Christoph
This is for a 2013, not sure how much it matches yours:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Wiring_Diagram

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

'15 Zero SR

David_Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 07:49:09 PM »

Dear all,

I'm riding a 2011 DS for a couple of month now, and it drove quite well. Some weeks ago, the motor didn't start anymore after stopping at a traffic light for example. Sometimes it started after a couple of times switching on and off the ignition, sometimes I had to wait till the next day. I started checking everything, the motor, the connectors, reading out the MBB and the controller - no errors. I the measured the resistance of the throttle at the connectors to the controller, and realized that it is not connected directly, but through the MBB I guess. So to understand everything now and to find the error, I'm looking for a wiring diagram. My dealer doesn't have on, Zero in Europe tells me, that "we are not allowed sharing any technical details directly with customers regarding safety issues".
Can anybody help?

Thanks, Christoph
Chris, when I had a similar problem, swapping out the sensor for the updated one fixed it for me: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7289.msg60715#msg60715

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

cheerad

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 07:58:06 PM »

This is for a 2013, not sure how much it matches yours:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Wiring_Diagram

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
Hi Giacomo,

unfortunately the 2013 diagram seems to be quite different to the 2011 diagram.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 08:02:13 PM by cheerad »
All the best,
Christoph
Zero DS 2011

cheerad

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 08:01:30 PM »

Chris, when I had a similar problem, swapping out the sensor for the updated one fixed it for me: http://electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=7289.msg60715#msg60715

Hi David,

I've got an Agni motor, the Lynch design. I've been through your thread already   :).
All the best,
Christoph
Zero DS 2011

David_Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:37 PM »

Hi David,

I've got an Agni motor, the Lynch design. I've been through your thread already   :).
Oh, OK.
Thought Zero changed in 2010 - apologies.
I don't know too much about those models... You can probably get onto the motor terminals with a meter. See if you can measure voltage when you throttle it? If you do, then it is probably brushes that are the problem. How many miles on the bike?

togo

• Motorcycles are for everyday transportation. And fun too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2017, 10:36:22 PM »

... I'm looking for a wiring diagram. My dealer doesn't have one, Zero in Europe tells me, that "we are not allowed sharing any technical details directly with customers regarding safety issues".

I would recommend calling Zero Customer Service, getting your dealer a wiring diagram and whatever other technical info they need to fix the problem.

I had a problem with my throttle on my 2011 Zero S, it was pulling a little when stopped, I contacted Zero Customer Service, and it turned out to be the throttle itself, Zero shipped me a new one for a self-install.

It's like flying, but with more traction.  And none of that Z-axis complexity.

Lost my faith in Zero with my 2011 S, but regained it with my 2014 SR.  Diginow SCv2 changed my SR from a fun ride to primary transport.

2014 Zero SR, accessorized. 2008 Vectrix VX-1 NiMH. 2001 Honda Helix.

cheerad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2017, 02:56:01 AM »

Oh, OK.
I don't know too much about those models... You can probably get onto the motor terminals with a meter. See if you can measure voltage when you throttle it? If you do, then it is probably brushes that are the problem. How many miles on the bike?
The motor is running fine, if I just power up the Alltrax AXE controller with the motor connected to it. And I also used the original throttle. So the problem occurs, when everything is connected to the rest of the bike (the MBB).
All the best,
Christoph
Zero DS 2011

David_Walsh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2017, 01:45:30 PM »

Oh, OK.
The motor is running fine, if I just power up the Alltrax AXE controller with the motor connected to it. And I also used the original throttle. So the problem occurs, when everything is connected to the rest of the bike (the MBB).
OK, the MBB huh...? But no fault code shown by the led flashes?
My understanding is that the MBB checks MANY electrical components before it allows the throttle signal to influence the controller to spin the motor - but you should see a fault code series of flashes. I guess it may be a faulty MBB itself? This (Spanish) guy Manuel shows how to swap one out:
'course, you need a replacement MBB and Spanish to benefit...

igorbaldo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2017, 12:22:48 AM »

I have taken the wiring diagram from my 2010 DS, which I believe is pretty much the same as the 2011. It's drawn by hand, so I will not post it now, but I will draw it in the computer an post it here, OK?
Pages: [1]