• April 26, 2024, 04:02:01 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Fair Price for a 2016 S 9.8  (Read 575 times)

JJ2525

• View Profile
Fair Price for a 2016 S 9.8
« on: September 24, 2017, 04:41:13 AM »

I have a 2016 S 9.8 with ~4k miles in terrific condition / recently serviced that I am considering selling. I don't see too many comparable recent sales on this forum or on eBay, so wanted to get some advice as to what a reasonable selling price would be. Thank you!

Kocho

• View Profile
Re: Fair Price for a 2016 S 9.8
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 06:34:37 AM »

Hard to say. Generally, sellers of Zeros I've noticed want more than buyers are willing to pay. If yours is still under warranty, you can demand higher price. But be prepared for low-ballers. It also depends on whether there are incentives on new bikes in your state. When I was looking to buy a '15 S or SR, there was $1k incentive from Zero (a cash card), Marylabd had $125 per kilowatt battery capacity, and there was a Federal tax credit. With all that, I could buy a brand new S for less than what many folks were trying to sell used. So I used that to negotiate on price and bought an almost new used '15 SR with a 12.5kw battery for the cost of a new S with a smaller 9.5kw battery. Folks in some other states did not have state incentives, so were willing to spend more on a used bike than I was.

Sorry, can't give you a high-confidence number, but I think you will be lucky to get $8k for yours. Check cycletrader asking prices as a guide, thoigh I think they are generally too high for the used bikes. As with all electric vehicles, they tend to depreciate quickly, but Zero I think have been holding their value better than say a Nissan Leaf ...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 10:53:56 PM by Kocho »
'15 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 10:32:15 PM »

The hardest part is finding someone that wants a used Zero, AND has the money to buy it... but not so much money that they just buy a new one.
They're harder to resell than a Buell. (btw anyone want to buy my Buell?)

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 01:42:31 AM »

Energica has a program to guarantee the trade-in value toward to 50% after two years.

And a $6000 bonus if you buy another one.

I'd like to see Zero match that for maxed out models, a little less perhaps for the smaller ones.

http://www.energicamotorusa.com/value-promotion-plan/

It's not clear to me if a Zero would qualify traded in for an Energica.

Energica's battery warranty is not as good as Zero's.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/
Pages: [1]