General Category > EV Stocks

Arcimoto's on the Nasdaq

(1/2) > >>

togo:
Only the second "pure play" EV company to be listed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/rodnturner/2017/09/12/how-to-launch-a-nasdaq-public-offering-for-a-new-electric-car-insights-into-arcimotos-strategy/

It's relevant to EMF because three-wheeled vehicles are technically motorcycles in many (most?) jurisdictions.

But, yeah, it'll drive like a car, and not require a motorcycle license.  (In California, at least, this is true.  You know, like Arnold Schwarzenegger with the sidecar.)

togo:
First investor call since they raised $19 million in their IPO was at the end
of September.

https://www.arcimoto.com/investor/

That link has the opening remarks in audio, and a transcript of the
remarks plus the Q&A, which they did not record.

They say they moved into to their new factory on October 1, and that zero
of the pre-ipo investors have sold shares, and that the $19 million dollars
raised gives them a 24 month runway.

Full disclosure: I put down a $100 deposit in June, and bought some stock
since the IPO.

Tony

HoodRichOG:
I think I actually saw one of these recently and heard they are finally going into production!

Crissa:
Yeah, there's been tours of the original factory and they had like a dozen on opening day, supposedly deliveries already begun.

I was seriously looking at them but couldn't justify the cash vs fuel/maintenance on my current vehicle.  (Spouse bought me the Zero.  I still don't know if it'll pay for itself or not, but it's been heck a fun to have and get out of traffic with.  Something the Arcimotos don't have.)

-Crissa

Fran K:

--- Quote from: togo on December 01, 2017, 05:49:12 AM ---First investor call since they raised $19 million in their IPO was at the end
of September.

https://www.arcimoto.com/investor/

That link has the opening remarks in audio, and a transcript of the
remarks plus the Q&A, which they did not record.

They say they moved into to their new factory on October 1, and that zero
of the pre-ipo investors have sold shares, and that the $19 million dollars
raised gives them a 24 month runway.

Full disclosure: I put down a $100 deposit in June, and bought some stock
since the IPO.

Tony

--- End quote ---

Probably the best link to watch a video I have followed here for what I can remember.  Really advanced cutting and machining equipment.  The bending and press stuff is not up to how it is made tv show stuff.  I have yet to complete the 45 minute video.

You put a deposit but it seemed their business plan was to lease them?

As to the stock, glad to see this sub section getting some activity.  Richard230 put a thread about a competitor to the deliverator one from India that had four wires going to the motor. 

I checked and the 1000 pound max for motorcycle in this state seems gone.  These at 1300 pounds are beyond what I thought was the old definition.  I think there are still some 1000 pound limit to quad or motorcycle trails.  How many wheels steer and how many drive?

If the model is for folks to fly to vacation and rent one of these would kind of blow the save the environment line of thinking.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version