• April 26, 2024, 05:17:04 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Battery for my Electric Motorcycle, Thoughts/advice needed  (Read 442 times)

JAlex

• View Profile
Battery for my Electric Motorcycle, Thoughts/advice needed
« on: September 21, 2017, 03:22:16 AM »

Hello all,

This is my first post here,

I am making an electric motorcycle and I have rounded up the batteries that I need to power my motor. I would appreciate any more experienced people on this forum to maybe give me advice, tell me if im going wrong (if i may misunderstood the battery's capabilities) before I buy all my components. I'm using 30 single cell Lipo batteries, 24 in series and 30 of them in parallel in packs of 6. They are 3.7V nominally and peak at 4.2V. THey have a capacity of 6000mah/per cell and a draw rate of 35C. From what I know (and im not an expert) these are some pretty badass high density Lipos. I have a BLDC motor of a range of 0-96V, nominal 48V and can pump out 125Amps nominally and peak at 600Amps. I think I can get this motor to do Regen (correct me if Im wrong) but as of now I dont really know how to get that going (but i have some idea).

Let me know what you guys think, Am i crazy? Have I gone horribly wrong and i have no clue what im doing and should just run far away from building my own EV cus im inexperienced.

Thanks

« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 04:23:11 AM by JAlex »
Pages: [1]