• April 24, 2024, 02:16:26 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Brought my Redshift SM home tonight  (Read 1568 times)

speedkills

• View Profile
Brought my Redshift SM home tonight
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:37:32 AM »

The dealer mentioned they had already sold 4 others, can’t wait until the first time I am riding around and see another electric motorcycle riding around.

First impressions are everything is just about perfect, unbelievably well sorted for a new model bike.  Acceleration is amazing, and popping the front wheel up over bumps is incredibly easy (not that I really need to with how plush the suspension is).  I actually think these electric bikes could use a clutch but that’s an incredibly small nit and I don’t see it happening anytime soon.  Now I just need to figure out how I can mount some passenger pegs so I can take my wife for a ride.  It’s going to be a great weekend!

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
Re: Brought my Redshift SM home tonight
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 10:02:59 PM »

Congratulations! You are going to have a blast with your new Alta!

We have some universal Cross Plus Passenger Pegs in stock that work perfectly on the Alta Redshift MX and SM

These are a 30-second install and provide a very stable platform for a passenger. I only have orange in stock at the moment but we are getting white and black soon. Give me a call if you would like to order a set, they sell for $89.99.

Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 02:27:27 AM »

Congrats on the new bike!!  Post a pic when you get the chance:)  My wife would laugh at me if I asked her to hop on the back of that bike, but we're old...

speedkills

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 07:43:18 AM »

Oops, meant to include pictures but I messed it up.

One more try

speedkills

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 07:44:56 AM »

This ought to do the trick

speedkills

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 07:46:18 AM »

My wife said those foot pegs look great but that she won't get on if I get the orange ones.  Looks like I'll need to wait a week or two before ordering a set :D

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2017, 09:07:47 AM »

No worries, white and black sets are on the way ;)
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 10:31:29 AM »

How is the chain noise on the Alta? Is it a "in your face" type noise like on a chain equipped Zero? Much louder than a belt?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

speedkills

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2017, 11:33:51 AM »

Hard to say, I haven’t ridden a zero yet but plan to Saturday so I can respond back after then.  It’s not silent, just turning the key on it hums as the electrics are powered up, not a nearly silent hum, but one you can hear a few feet away.  Absolutely in no way offensive though. 

Now that I think about it, I believe chain noise is nearly non-existent because it makes an obvious whir under acceleration, and a different one under regeneration, but if I hold the throttle in the magic don’t accelerate or regenerate position it gets super quiet. 

I find I like the decel noise, like I did on my old TL1000R, it’s different, but fun to hear it putting power back into the bike.  Certainly nothing loud enough you would have a hard time talking to a passenger or someone beside you over though.

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2017, 01:33:14 PM »

Thanks for the detailed description. For some reason (perhaps the huge rear sprocket), the chain noise in the Zeros is very loud (and quite unpleasent).

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Keith

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »

Zero chain noise is also quietest between acceleration and regen. I think the rollers click on the pins under load. I've wondered if the motor end caps on the Zero radiate some of the sound, seems more from the front sprocket to me. Larger rear does mean the chain moves faster at a given speed.
2016 Zero FX, 2014 KTM 1190

speedkills

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2017, 05:19:23 AM »

I rode the Zero FXS and SR today.  Both much quieter than my Alta with the chain.  The belts did squeak a bit which wasn’t my favorite sound but it’s definitely a nice experience riding with that little sound.  Too bad they are so tame feeling.  I hope having Alta around with force Zero to add a little excitement to it’s bikes to compete with the fun factor of the Altas as I wouldn’t mind having something like an SR someday but I can’t see myself buying a bike that doesn’t loft the front wheel when I twist it to the stops.

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2017, 04:04:51 AM »

Yeah, Zero is what started this whole thing for me, first I rode the FXS and really liked it, then I rode the DSR and liked it but it felt sort of blah, nothing at all wrong with it but it just wasn't fun to ride, I could see having that bike for touring around on which is what it's designed for, I would like to ride the SR, that might be one to look at some time in the future.  BUT, I'm so glad I went with the Alta first, fun factor on this bike is absolutely off the charts!!
Pages: [1]