• March 29, 2024, 01:15:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Alta Motors Redshift SM on the track with Andy DiBrino  (Read 1303 times)

EliteMotorsports

• Alta Motors dealer in Colorado
    • View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
Alta Motors Redshift SM on the track with Andy DiBrino
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:56:43 PM »

Hey Everyone,

We just got word that the Alta Motors Redshift SM will officially begin shipping this week! Give us a call if you would like to get one of these amazing new motorcycles! Make sure you call your dealer (or us if you choose) to make sure they have one coming for you if you put a deposit down on the Alta Website. The deposits are handled by the Alta Motors dealer network, I would recommend being proactive in contacting your dealer if they have not already contacted you first.

Here is a video of Andy DiBrino riding the Alta Motors Redshift SM on the cart track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyCowUMOCE&t=3s

Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions.

Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
scott@elitektm.com
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

ultratoad

• View Profile
Re: Alta Motors Redshift SM on the track with Andy DiBrino
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 03:41:58 AM »

Hey Everyone,

We just got word that the Alta Motors Redshift SM will officially begin shipping this week! Give us a call if you would like to get one of these amazing new motorcycles! Make sure you call your dealer (or us if you choose) to make sure they have one coming for you if you put a deposit down on the Alta Website. The deposits are handled by the Alta Motors dealer network, I would recommend being proactive in contacting your dealer if they have not already contacted you first.

Here is a video of Andy DiBrino riding the Alta Motors Redshift SM on the cart track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLyCowUMOCE&t=3s

Feel free to contact me anytime if you have any questions.

Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
scott@elitektm.com

Really appreciate the info....  If I were near Colorado, you would certainly be my guy....  I live in San Jose, so contacted the SF dealer as you suggested....  Much thanks....
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:45:32 AM by ultratoad »

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 04:33:13 AM »

You are going to have a blast on the Supermoto! The Alta is so much fun to ride.
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 08:16:12 AM »

You are going to have a blast on the Supermoto! The Alta is so much fun to ride.

Does it wheelie easy, there's a thread here where a guy test rides one and it wheelies pretty awesome??  It obviously does in that video but that's the only clip I've seen where the bike wheelies like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYaAT3mVzKU&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 08:18:16 AM by Ireek »

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 10:32:45 PM »

The Redshift will pull the front end with little to no effort map 4. Riders who are good at balance wheelies are able to hit the balance point and use the throttle and rear brake to hold it there...I am not one of those riders... One of our owners got on the SM when the rep came out and was doing stand up wheelies on his first pass around the parking lot.
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 04:16:07 AM »

The Redshift will pull the front end with little to no effort map 4. Riders who are good at balance wheelies are able to hit the balance point and use the throttle and rear brake to hold it there...I am not one of those riders... One of our owners got on the SM when the rep came out and was doing stand up wheelies on his first pass around the parking lot.

I really didn't need to hear that ;D  Thanks for the info, I'm a hooligan and those effortless wheelies are right up my alley!!

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 09:25:03 PM »

A quick update, I took our demo home to see how it works as a commuter .... The Redshift SM is hands down one of the best motorcycles I have ever ridden! The SM pulls as hard as any motorcycle I have ever ridden, cruises comfortably at 55 mph, has no heat, very little noise, and handles like a dream!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 11:42:05 PM by EliteMotorsports »
Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 12:22:25 AM »

I wonder how it compares to the Zero FXS

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 03:37:39 AM »

I wonder how it compares to the Zero FXS

Good question!  I rode the FXS and that was THE bike that started my wanting an electric bike, I loved everything about it but wished it would wheelie, I'm a squid so I like my wheelies...  I know the Alta will, just wonder about the range...

EliteMotorsports

• View Profile
    • Elite Motorsports
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 10:37:21 PM »

My experience, so far, is as follows:

- Components - Much higher quality on the Alta (Brembo four piston radial mount front caliper/master cylinder, Neiken bars, etc.)
- Fit and finish - the attention to detail on the Alta is quite good, similar to the KTMs and Husqvarnas that we sell.
- Power - Holy cow!!! It is hard to keep the front wheel on the ground using map 4! Map 2 is what I have been using for commuting. I have no doubt that this bike can win some supermoto races (we will see soon).
- Customer service - The whole crew at Alta is amazing and is super responsive to dealer questions. All of the dealers that have signed on to sell Altas are enthusiasts and super excited about the product.
- Range - I have been doing a mix of Highway (55-60 mph) and city (30-35 mph) on my daily commutes. So far the Alta is right on track for 60-70 mile range in that application. I am planning on doing a long ride this weekend to see how it does.
- Charging - The charge time is very reasonable and the included 110v cord is super easy to stash in a backpack. So far the shop has paid for all of my "fuel" :)
- Throttle response - The Alta feels just like my gas bikes! The smooth controllable power that is exactly how you would expect a motorcycle to feel. I have not had the same experience with the Zero motorcycles (your mileage may vary).

Other notes (you probably already know about)

No heat, very little noise, instant throttle response, and no fuel stops have changed my life!

You are more than welcome to ride my SM if you are able to get to Northern Colorado, just give me a call at the shop.

Scott
Elite Motorsports
970-461-1022
elitektm.com
1400 E. Eisenhower Blvd.
Loveland, CO 80537

Ireek

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2017, 01:24:42 AM »

Man, I wish I lived close by, I'd be there, not to ride but to buy!!  Thanks so so much for the info, I used to be in the business and never took the time to answer questions of the forums, says a lot and I wish you lots of success with a great product!!!

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2017, 01:33:06 AM »

Man, I wish I lived close by, I'd be there, not to ride but to buy!!  Thanks so so much for the info, I used to be in the business and never took the time to answer questions of the forums, says a lot and I wish you lots of success with a great product!!!
[emoji106] [emoji106]

Pages: [1]