• March 28, 2024, 11:31:06 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: custom Zero from Revival Cycles  (Read 1019 times)

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

Alan Stewart

• Electric Transportation Enthusiast
    • View Profile
Re: custom Zero from Revival Cycles
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 03:27:28 AM »

BTW, you have to scroll down to see the final result. The first images ar of the stock bike before the customization.
Alan
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:06:44 AM »

Tremendous improvement over the stock lobster claw tank. 
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 05:13:07 AM »

I don't get it... they put a screen on to protect the headlight from rock damage, but remove the belt guard to expose it to same?  I could understand if they did a chain conversion, but they didn't?
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 06:02:24 AM »

I don't get it... they put a screen on to protect the headlight from rock damage, but remove the belt guard to expose it to same?  I could understand if they did a chain conversion, but they didn't?
the screen is not there to protect the headlight. Its there to look cool.
You dont make a handmade tank to go offroading and need protection... you leave easliy replaced plastic for those kinds of bikes.

This is all about style. It looks pretty. It is a reminder how little "tank" we need infront of us... but I wouldnt go looking for logic.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 07:15:08 AM »

I've made a new wiki page for Zero-based customs with Hollywood Electrics, White Collar, and Revival Cycles:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Zero_Customizers
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 02:17:07 AM »

This is all about style. It looks pretty. It is a reminder how little "tank" we need infront of us... but I wouldnt go looking for logic.

Hmmmmmm...
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 08:12:17 AM »

Hmmmmmm...
did you hit post before completing your reply?

JaimeC

• View Profile
    • Facebook page
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 09:50:48 PM »

Nope.  I've got a far too practical streak to understand why someone would spend lots of money and effort to make a motorcycle LESS useful than the factory.  If all you want to do is make a Zero "prettier" and don't care about practicality then take out the stock tankbag, fill the area with dirt and plant flowers.  Cheaper, prettier and just as practical.  Oh, the the photosynthesis provided by the plant will help further reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere too.
1999 BMW K1200LT
2019 Yamaha XMAX
2021 Zero SR

MrDude_1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2017, 05:57:06 AM »

Nope.  I've got a far too practical streak to understand why someone would spend lots of money and effort to make a motorcycle LESS useful than the factory.  If all you want to do is make a Zero "prettier" and don't care about practicality then take out the stock tankbag, fill the area with dirt and plant flowers.  Cheaper, prettier and just as practical.  Oh, the the photosynthesis provided by the plant will help further reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere too.

well why would you want a big box infront of you? one could make the argument that no other motorcycle needs storage there either...

quixotic

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

If all you want to do is make a Zero "prettier" and don't care about practicality then take out the stock tankbag, fill the area with dirt and plant flowers.  Cheaper, prettier and just as practical.  Oh, the the photosynthesis provided by the plant will help further reduce carbon dioxide in the atmosphere too.

Sometimes function and aesthetics can be combined.  For highway riders, the upright position is a pain.  Therefore, some of us went with sport bars, or clubman bars, or clip-ons.  But in order to do that, the clamshell tank had to go (it interferes with the free movement of a good many handlebars). 

Oh, and I don't have to worry about forgoing flowers. My wife takes care of that.
2013 Zero S. Isle of Man Classic TT is on the bucket list.
Pages: [1]