• May 04, 2024, 06:13:48 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Any Zero S news??  (Read 1627 times)

ultrarnr

• View Profile
Any Zero S news??
« on: December 18, 2009, 06:51:56 AM »

Any news about the Zero S? Thought they were supposed to begin shipping the 2009 model last month. I know there were problems with the motors overheating and that would be solved in the 2010 and retrofitted to the 2009s that had been shipped. Have those issues not been resolved?

zeromike

• View Profile
    • Zero Motorcycles Midwest
Re: Any Zero S news??
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2009, 06:59:49 AM »

ultranr,
Take a look at this review of the '09 S. This was done on my S a few weeks ago.
http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27546

From now until January 30, 2010, all customers that purchase a ZERO Motorcycle will receive a 2Yr No Fault Warranty
FREE ($1000 value).
Zero msr-us-125
Zero Chicago area rep
mastrmike@comcast.net
847-809-0008

ultrarnr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2009, 11:20:24 PM »

Thanks for the link. That is one of the most detailed reports on the Zero S I have read. I actually ordered one last spring and could have gotten an 2009 model. But with the declining specs I decided to wait for the 2010 model. Supposedly it will have a higher top speed than the 2009 model. I think most of the reports out there are on pre-production versions and it is hard to know what to believe.

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 02:10:30 PM »

ANY END users none demo units get an S yet? Will Zero even release a 2009 zero S? all the we have seen so far are demo bikes.

alanbinnie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 06:02:15 AM »

The Zero-S just arrived in Tucson, AZ this week.  Musselman Honda is handling them- they have one in their showroom and one out at their go-kart track for demo rides. 

I just got back from a test ride.  I'm 6'2", 235 lbs and ride a midsize cruiser.   The Zero-s is a bit small and it's a very different style for me.  The bike looks great- much better in person than in pics.  It has a nice, solid feel, and seems to be well-built, especially the frame.  It takes off smoothly and quietly.  Although the bike is quiet, it isn't completely silent- there's enough chain rattle that there's no danger of sneaking up on pedestrians like a Prius.  Acceleration is a little bit flat at first, but seems to pick up between ~10 and 30 mph.   Because the track is flat and doesn't have any long straightaways, it wasn't possible to test the top end or to see how it would do on hills.   Braking is a little bit funky, but I think I would get used to it.  It's probably due to the fact that there is little or no engine brake assist, accentuated by the fact that I'm big.   Overall, this is a very fun ride- if you're interested in going electric you should definitely give it a try. 

picasso

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 04:56:06 PM »

Sounds like a well controlled test ride. But the question is can you still buy it now? Has it shipped to none DEMO users.

alanbinnie

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 01:28:08 AM »

It's unclear when you would get delivery, but they are more than happy to accept a deposit right away...
Pages: [1]