Tech > Tech Help

Jack Shaft sprocket source

(1/2) > >>

brokinspokes78:
Hello,
 Does anyone have a reliable source for jack shaft sprockets that fit the Agni motors? The shaft on the Agni is 19mm, and the chain size is 420. I found and ordered three different sprockets made by TRITAN off of Ebay. They have the correct shaft size of 19mm, but neither the 1/2", 3/8" or 5/8" pitch will not match up to the 420 chain used by zero motorcycles. I was able to locate the sprocket for the 420 chain, but the shaft size is 3/4 instead of 19mm.  It's Close, but requires to be shimmed, and I just don't think thats the proper way to do it. I need a 19mm jack shaft sprocket, with a 6mm key way. 12-14 tooth and must fit a 420 chain. Thank you in advance

Erasmo:
A local welder might adapt it for you so you don't need shims?

brokinspokes78:
Very True, I also am looking a sleeve adapter that might work. Thanks

rayivers:
420 chain specs: .500" pitch / .3125" roller diameter / .250" roller width / .227" sprocket width.  #41 sprocket teeth will engage 420 chain links, but they're made for .306" dia. rollers and a #41 sprocket / 420 chain combo will wear quickly.  Some sprocket places sell '41/420' sprockets, but there's no such thing.

Also, 19mm is .7486"; if anything, a true 19mm-shaft sprocket might need grinding (not shimming) to fit a .750" shaft, though with normal production tolerances it really shouldn't need either one.

If you want to do it right (as opposed to using a #41 sprocket), you may have to do what I did; machine a wider sprocket (in your case, #40 / .284" width) to .227" wide.

I really hope Zero went with a motorcycle spline standard in 2017.  Finding 420/520 MC-chain sprockets using electric-motor finished bores has been nearly impossible, for me at least.

Ray

BrianTRice@gmail.com:
The 2017 accessories lookup shows a new 520 DID X-ring chain option for S/DS bikes, if that helps.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version