• April 27, 2024, 04:21:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2012 DS wheels/tires  (Read 529 times)

MauiMarcus

• View Profile
2012 DS wheels/tires
« on: July 23, 2017, 02:45:55 PM »

Aloha

I just purchased a used 2012 DS in Hawaii.

My goal is to make it into an electric Super Moto bike.  I have already made some changes:  handlebars, grips, mirrors, chopped rear fender, LED headlight/running light/taillight/license plate light/shorty trunsignals, powdercoated pegs/brake pedal/rear master cylinder shield.

I would like to swap in blue anodized 17" wheels that are wider than stock.  Any insight on how wide I can go and where I could find them?

Thanks in advance for any help/comments.

Mahalo,
Marcus

BTW I was told that DoctorBass on this forum helped the prior owner Gary with a battery and BMS for this bike...thank you Sir, bike is working like a charm!

MauiMarcus

• View Profile
Re: 2012 DS wheels/tires
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 02:59:20 PM »

Aloha

My goal is to make it into an electric Super Moto bike.  I have already made some changes:  handlebars, grips, mirrors, chopped rear fender, LED headlight/running light/taillight/license plate light/shorty trunsignals, powdercoated pegs/brake pedal/rear master cylinder shield.

I would like to swap in blue anodized 17" wheels that are wider than stock.  Any insight on how wide I can go and where I could find them?

Mahalo,
Marcus

BTW I was told that DoctorBass on this forum helped the prior owner Gary with a battery and BMS for this bike...thank you Sir, bike is working like a charm!

MauiMarcus

• View Profile
Re: 2012 DS wheels/tires
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 03:00:51 PM »

Aloha

Mahalo,
Marcus

*moderator edit* added width to img tags. Thanks for posting, welcome! See the FAQ for how to set image width:  FAQ link (electricmotorcycleforum.com)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:11:53 PM by Shadow »

MauiMarcus

• View Profile
2012 DS wheels/tires
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2017, 06:45:41 AM »

Aloha

Mahalo,
Marcus

*moderator edit* added width to img tags. Thanks for posting, welcome! See the FAQ for how to set image width:  FAQ link (electricmotorcycleforum.com)

I did some research on this site and see that major modifications are necessary to fit a 17" wheel in the rear of my 2012 DS.  So I'm going a different route.  I'll powdercoated my stock wheels, but I still want wider stickier tires...

According to my further research, it appears Michelin Commander 2 comes in 130/80 17 front and 150/80 16 for the rear.  Specs say they should fit on my stock wheel withs...but will there be any rubbing issues on the fork plastic or rear belt?

Thank you

Marcus
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 05:24:42 PM by MauiMarcus »
Pages: [1]