• April 20, 2024, 10:35:55 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Auxiliary port extension cord  (Read 779 times)

ammonsh

• View Profile
Auxiliary port extension cord
« on: July 20, 2017, 09:25:08 PM »

Anyone know where you can order a simple extension cord for the auxiliary port?  (2014S)  That thing is a real ____ to plug and unplug all the time.  Looking for something pre-made.  Coming up empty on the internet.

Something that permanently allows plugging while standing and would be best if capped against rain.

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
Re: Auxiliary port extension cord
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 06:11:51 AM »

The wiki describes the Zero Y-cable, and also has a procedure for fabricating your own if you are very competent making electric power crimp connections:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Zero_Aftermarket#Y-Cable

I think you could custom order from Hollywood Electrics, TucsonEV, or some other vendor like that, though.

I will say that I did ride around with the Y-cable attached for quick use, but it caused me trouble in a heavy rainstorm - even though the rubber boots were covering the plugs, some moisture on the signal pins caused the bike to decide there was a ground fault and shut down. The throttle would engage if I pushed the bike a bit, so I got home and let it dry out, but I also stopped using that connection for that reason.

This is one reason why I had a controller connection installed, but that has its own risks...
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS
Pages: [1]