• April 27, 2024, 12:40:20 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: EV@TucsonEV.com  (Read 3430 times)

macstructures

• View Profile
EV@TucsonEV.com
« on: July 14, 2017, 01:32:46 AM »

Hi,

I been trying to contact EV@TucsonEV.com, to order a J1772 To Zero Adapter, sent several emails.. and no luck. Please let me know if this company still in business and if they usually take a while to reply to emails. Any other way to contact them? phone number?

Thanks.
Zero: 2016 DSR
HD: Rocker C 08 / Sportster 1200L 09

Electric Cowboy

• View Profile
    • Miller's Premium Brand Electrons : YouTube
Re: EV@TucsonEV.com
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2017, 04:04:29 AM »

Zero owners group on facebook has some posts from one of the guys there. LMK if I can help with anything.

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 05:24:08 AM »

Do you know the name of the guy on Facebook? I don't use Facebook ... but my wife does. Thanks.

jef.jakobs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 06:02:35 AM »

I believe I just ordered one straight from his site at http://tucsonev.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2017, 06:37:14 AM »

I found the website, but I have a couple of questions... maybe I should ask here and get your input, this es the email that I sent:

Hi,

I would like more information regarding this adapter. I have a Zero DSR 2016 and would like to use the J1772 charging stations and maybe if possible the standard extension cord at the same time, if available.

Please confirm if this is the type of adapter that I will need. See picture from your website. Can you use a 12AWG wire on the 2nd pigtail on this adapter ? ($135.00) two C13 plugs, one with 12 AWG wire.

Also in your opinion will it be better to have a 3rd connection? maybe using a C19 and 12 AWG wire? ($160.00) two C13 plugs one with 12 AWG wire and one C19 plug with 12 AWG wire.

Just trying to think ahead on charging options… I bought the motorcycle a month ago… so far I been charging it at home using a standard wall outlet and extension cord.

Thanks.

______

My concern now is that if they don't reply to emails... how long is going to take to actually get an adapter from this company.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 06:41:25 AM by macstructures »

42Cliffside

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2017, 01:11:29 PM »

If you get this charger: http://evtricity.com.au/product/double-fast-charging-kit/

you will need the 1xC13 2xC19 one

Only 2 chargers left at that price as I look now.. something to think about.

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2017, 05:31:04 PM »

I have the 2xC13 one and it works fine with my internal charger on one, and one Quiq on the other on our 1771 stations here at work (Level 2).  I also sent an email and did not get a response when I first purchased.  I just ordered anyway and got the adapter in a couple of weeks and have been happy with it (well built, works fine).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:51 PM »

Hi,

I been trying to contact EV@TucsonEV.com, to order a J1772 To Zero Adapter, sent several emails.. and no luck. Please let me know if this company still in business and if they usually take a while to reply to emails. Any other way to contact them? phone number?

Thanks.

I imagine your email got lost in the spam...  I had a recent inquiry recently answered, so I alerted him to this thread, hopefully you'll hear from him soon.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2017, 12:54:22 AM »

I received an email a few minutes ago... thank you all for all your input and help.

If you get this charger: http://evtricity.com.au/product/double-fast-charging-kit/

you will need the 1xC13 2xC19 one

Only 2 chargers left at that price as I look now.. something to think about.

=========

I tried to access this website but it is blocked, to look at the charger and price.

I was thinking on getting the 2xC13 charger and do the same that STEVEH is doing. Plug the motorcycle to a J1772 charger and the other C13 to an outlet, I found a few charging stations that have an outlet. Will the motorcycle charge faster? or do I need to add something else?

Question: What would be the benefit of a C19 plug... just bought my motorcycle a month ago... still leaning a LOT about it.

FYI... Ruch D (TucsonEV) said he tried to register at the forum but had some problems.

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2017, 02:18:09 AM »

I just realized that this adapter will not work the way that I wanted to...so now I have a couple of questions.

How can I plug in a J1772 and an extension cord (the one that comes with the motorcycle) at the same time to the motorcycle standard plug in?

I thought I can do it with this adapter... but just realized that I can plug in the J1772 but not the extension cord because both ends, the extension cord and the adapter are the same.

2- Will the motorcycle take two sources of power at the same time ?

Im just trying to understand the benefit of the 2nd plug (C13) if I can not use an extension cord to plug into and charge the motorcycle at the same time that it is charging from the J1772.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 02:26:15 AM by macstructures »

BrianTRice@gmail.com

• Unofficial Zero Manual Editor
  • Nerdy Adventurer
    • View Profile
    • Personal site
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2017, 02:36:27 AM »

I just realized that this adapter will not work the way that I wanted to...so now I have a couple of questions.

How can I plug in a J1772 and an extension cord (the one that comes with the motorcycle) at the same time to the motorcycle standard plug in?

You cannot - J1772 provides 220V AC power, and a normal outlet provides 110V AC power (in many countries), and this would cause an electrical fault if you joined them together and probably injury or equipment damage.

I thought I can do it with this adapter... but just realized that I can plug in the J1772 but not the extension cord because both ends, the extension cord and the adapter are the same.

If you're using J1772, the station should have its own cord so that you can bring the plug to the bike, so you will not need an extension cord.

An extension cord is not a good idea for this, anyway, since it could create additional problems delivering current to the bike.

2- Will the motorcycle take two sources of power at the same time ?

You need to buy another charger to use more than one source of power. See:
http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Zero_Aftermarket#Chargers

Im just trying to understand the benefit of the 2nd plug (C13) if I can not use an extension cord to plug into and charge the motorcycle at the same time that it is charging from the J1772.

If a cord splits to provide two outputs, the idea is that there is either: (1) another charger that you can use to plug into the Accessory Charging Port above the motor, or (2) a second electric vehicle to charge, or (3) some random electrical load to add like a USB charger for your phone, or some lighting or whatever.
Current: 2020 DSR, 2012 Suzuki V-Strom
Former: 2016 DSR, 2013 DS

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2017, 02:54:08 AM »

BrianTRice thank you very much for the info and explanation... now if I buy this adapter (see picture), and decide to buy another charger, will I plug it to the extra C13 or C19 plug? what plug is better / more plugin options C13 or C19?

dukecola

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2017, 03:06:53 AM »

I bought one from them last year, everything went smooth. Perhaps they are on vacation.  Question, if you are only using the onboard, what do you want a second plug for?

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2017, 03:16:17 AM »

I bought one from them last year, everything went smooth. Perhaps they are on vacation.  Question, if you are only using the onboard, what do you want a second plug for?

I received an email today ... thanks.

Thats what I'm trying to determine... if I need the 2nd plug or not... trying to plan ahead and maybe buy one for future charging options... in your opinion, C13 or C19 plug?

macstructures

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2017, 03:27:02 AM »

one more question... if I plug in a  J1772 that provides 220V AC power, to the onboard charging will it charge faster? I read on the Zero website that "Please note, the SAE J1772 Charging Adapter will not speed up your motorcycle charge time, which is limited by the motorcycle’s integrated charger"

just to confirm... I will ONLY be able to use charging stations ...not charge faster... Correct?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5