• April 26, 2024, 05:08:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: unable to change Custom mode.  (Read 3468 times)

TheGap

• View Profile
Re: unable to change Custom mode.
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2017, 06:33:30 PM »

[...] it says my range is now 24,567kms.

my app also says 253,000km to empty as well on a 2014 Zero S (no power tank).

When I updated the phone app it showed over 600km range ... I wouldn't be complaining if this figure wasn't so far off the mark  8)
Now that I drove over 2000km with this new app version since it came out in October, this estimate is getting closer and closer to a correct estimate.

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2017, 03:37:48 AM »

But can you update the custom mode?

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

gregoryjward

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2017, 08:21:36 AM »

Having the same problem since the firmware update on my 2013 XU.  I'm on iOS, so not sure if there's any way to downgrade to a previous release of the app.

I called Zero's technical support and the guy on the other end said he had never heard of this issue, but was going to look into it.  That was over a month ago….

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 12, 2018, 07:01:05 AM »

New version, 1.6.71, appeared in the Google Play Store Android app store.

I installed it in my Nexus 6p and attempted to set the Custom Mode Regen and and Custom More Top Speed on my 2014 SR.

As before, it appears to take the setting, but when you revisit, the values return to where they were.

Going back to 1.3.17, installed from backup, which works.

our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2018, 07:40:24 AM »

New version, 1.6.71, appeared in the Google Play Store Android app store.

I installed it in my Nexus 6p and attempted to set the Custom Mode Regen and and Custom More Top Speed on my 2014 SR.

As before, it appears to take the setting, but when you revisit, the values return to where they were.

Going back to 1.3.17, installed from backup, which works.

Kind of makes you wonder what these various Zero software and firmware "updates" are actually supposed to do.   ???
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

TheGap

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2018, 04:29:02 PM »

Kind of makes you wonder what these various Zero software and firmware "updates" are actually supposed to do.   ???
Although that's hardly ever done in the automobile/motorcycle sector it would be nice if they publicized a release note with the updates.
Perhaps together with a chapter "known issues".

That info can be a real treasure trove for troubleshooting ... especially for early adopters.

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2018, 11:20:05 PM »

At least there's a ChangeLog

BigKuma

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2018, 03:31:08 AM »

Sorry to bring up the old thread.  But, I had the same issue with my 2014 FX (that I just bought used a month ago).
The latest App didn't work.  I installed the old app listed here and was able to make changes to Custom mode.

App also told me that my bike firmware was out of date.  I went to the dealer and they upgraded my MBB from 42 to 53 and BMS from 29 to 30.  My battery pack is from recall replacement, so it's 2x3.6KW type.

This upgrade of course reset my Custom mode settings.  I then installed the latest Google Play version of Zero App and was able to connect, set up Custom mode, and have the settings persist.

So, conclusion: update your 2014 at the dealer if you want to use the latest App.

PS: The difference between apps is minimal, but I wanted the Portrait mode, since my $8 phone holder can only hold the phone vertical.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 01, 2018, 07:45:15 AM »

My app was working fine for my 2013 FX and 2016 SR. Recently, while riding for most of the day, whenever I would stop, it seemed as though
my phone ( Motorola G5+ ) had rebooted during the ride. Ever since, ( about a week ) whenever I try to pull up the app, it hangs at the
Searching for Vehicle screen. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, downgraded, all to no avail. I know that this is a problem with my phone and not the app.
Just wondering If anyone has had any similar issue. I boot an old phone and the app still works fine with both bikes.
Thank you for any insight.

BigKuma

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2018, 09:48:03 AM »

Do other BT apps work ?  Car or headset ?

I also noticed that if app doesn't respond right away, I need to go into Settings of Android, and in Bluetooth section remove the motorcycle entry.  Sometimes just setting it to not "Autoconnect" works. 
Then, you want to again pair in Android Bluetooth settings, not through the app.  Then start the Zero app.

TheRebelFred

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 01, 2018, 09:59:22 AM »

Hi all,

As an update to the custom mode saving changes, it now works and has been for a few months now.

I just had to update the bike firmware, update the app and reset the Bluetooth connection but the step that fixed the issue was updating the firmware.

I have a 2014 S and can post software versions if it helps anyone.

Now just to have the SoC calculation fixed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 01, 2018, 10:46:25 AM »

Other Bluetooth devices work, Fitbit, OBDII for Volt, etc. I was about to do a factory reset when I decided to take advice from BigKuma and go to phone settings.
Cleared everything, did a refresh and it once again works. Thank you BigKuma.
Pages: 1 2 [3]