• March 29, 2024, 04:31:03 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: unable to change Custom mode.  (Read 3422 times)

tico

• View Profile
unable to change Custom mode.
« on: July 09, 2017, 07:23:58 AM »

Hi all,

after the last time I got my motorcycle back from the factory, I have been unable to change the settings for the Custom mode using the Zero App on my android. The app shows mileage, battery state of charge, etc, so it's definitely communicating with the motorcycle. When I change max torque, or max speed, or anything else under the custom mode, it momentarily shows the setting I have set, and then a few seconds later resets back to what it was before. I have tried resetting to factory defaults in the app, reinstalling the app, and re-doing the Bluetooth pairing with the motorcycle, and nothing makes a difference.

Has anyone else experienced this or have a fix for this?

Cheers,
Tico

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: unable to change Custom mode.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2017, 09:02:23 AM »

what bike year and model, what firmware version, what android app version?

tico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2017, 09:28:34 AM »

bike is a 2014 model S (no powertank/chargetank).

I am unable to download the battery logs after the last time I got it back (so I can't confirm the bike firmware version), but Zero said that they were working on a new version of the app to resolve whatever's causing that problem. Haven't heard back from them in a while.

The bike was taken to a dealer a few weeks ago to get the latest firmware installed. I'm assuming it's fully up to date.

The app version is v1.5.7 (20)    and it's running on android 5.1 (22) if that's relevant.

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2017, 09:45:32 AM »

Had the same problem. The fix is to download an older version of the app.
http://www.electricmotorcycleforum.com/boards/index.php?topic=6843.0

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

tico

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 05:24:14 AM »

Thanks odedmaz ! That worked. Successfully changed Custom Mode settings, as well as finally being able to download battery logs from the bike, which had also been broken for quite a while.

Cheers!
-Tico

odedmaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2017, 09:03:02 AM »

Happy to hear. Just make sure you turn off automatic updates in your phone..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2017, 11:36:43 AM »

Thanks odedmaz ! That worked. Successfully changed Custom Mode settings, as well as finally being able to download battery logs from the bike, which had also been broken for quite a while.
Can you detail, what exact make/model/year, the decoded logs info for model / version / revision, and which android version you have, what app version does not work, what version is working?

I asked before but this needs to be documented better for the unofficial manual. This seems to be a common problem talked about on the forums.

tico

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2017, 01:27:34 AM »

Can you detail, what exact make/model/year, the decoded logs info for model / version / revision, and which android version you have, what app version does not work, what version is working?

I asked before but this needs to be documented better for the unofficial manual. This seems to be a common problem talked about on the forums.

The version of the app installed on my phone that DID NOT work, was v1.5.7 (20).
I installed odedmaz' suggestion, v1.2.8 and it IS working.
still on same android phone, 5.1 (22) (on a Motorola Moto G)
Bike is 2014 Zero model S (no chargetank or powertank) - MBB logs say it is:
Firmware rev.      52
Board rev.         1
Model              SS

Hope this helps
-Tico

togo

• It's like flying. But with more traction.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 02:36:57 AM »

Thanks, Rico. When I get a chance to try a couple of old versions I have stashed I'll try to narrow down further too.
our knowledge about Zeros collects here: https://zeromanual.com/

TheRebelFred

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 07:40:51 PM »

I also recently hit this roadblock.

Just had my firmware/software updated to the latest versions (will post version # once I can) and can change the custom settings but bike will not save them. I have app version 1.3.0 (4) and because I'm using an iPhone, can not install an earlier version of the Zero app.

Hope this gets fixed in an update soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richard230

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2017, 08:29:46 PM »

I am so happy that I never update anything - if I get a choice, of course.  My motto is if it is working OK and you don't have and complaints just leave things alone.   ;)
Richard's motorcycle collection:  2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM 390 Duke, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 (FZS1000N) and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 09:05:28 AM »

I can confirm that the 1.3.17 version of the app (from backups) *works* on my 2014 Zero SR and that the current version *fails* in that it rolls back any changes to custom mode within seconds.  I don't know whether any versions between work.  I did not test trip reset.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:44:08 AM by togo »

TheRebelFred

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2017, 12:55:40 PM »

Togo, that's really good news for android owners but if you have an iPhone, rolling back versions is very difficult.

Anyone have a fix for the apple fan boys? (Myself included)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

togo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2017, 12:41:59 AM »

Yeah, I think Shadow's tests were Android as well.

The best route for iPeople right now is probably to call Zero customer service, be clear to them what the problem is, maybe they can revert the version in the apple store or fork it so there's a version that works for the older bikes.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 12:44:46 AM by togo »

TheRebelFred

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 05:34:38 AM »

Just a ‘me-too’ post but as an iPhone user, I borrowed a friends android phone, side loaded the Zero app (V1.2.8) from this forum and was able to make changes to custom settings and them save to the bike (Zero S ‘14).

I’ve also contacted zero with the recommendations from this forum. Ie. Release this previous version in the App Store as: ‘Zero - 2014’ or ‘Zero - Compatibility’ so that some of us can make changes. Or they could update the new app to work on our bikes again.

Either way, there is a current work around and all you need to do is plead to a friend to borrow their phone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: [1] 2 3