• April 26, 2024, 12:25:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: It's all over for Australia  (Read 2031 times)

firepower

• Hanoi, Vietnam
    • View Profile
Re: It's all over for Australia
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2017, 12:06:12 PM »

Evtricity is there an Australian Zero forum or group? I like to join.

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2017, 12:13:53 PM »

Evtricity is there an Australian Zero forum or group? I like to join.

Hi firepower!

The only Australian electric motorcycle forum / group I'm aware of is https://www.facebook.com/groups/SydneyElectricRiders/. You're more than welcome to join. This is the group who did the recent Jenolan Caves road trip with 9 electric bikes.
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

Tony

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2017, 04:32:44 PM »

I am sorry to hear Zero is closing down in such a big market as Australia. I worry about the local market here in Norway too, as adaption of electric motorcycles seems very slow and I do not think dealers are making much money on selling this brand here.

Due to our harsh climate with loads of rain and a long winter, motorcycles are more a hobby here than a practical way of getting from point A to B. And local fans of MCs are quite traditional, seems the loud engine sound is a big part of the typical badass biker type image. I went to some MC gatherings here, and it was clear the engine sound was a big deal to them. Haha.

The hardcore bikers here are curious about electric MCs, but need a push that does not exist to adapt. And regular people, who probably would be the best target group for electric motorcycles, basically rather buys cars for practical reasons.

I hope to see more of those traditional brands jumping on to electric engines, like Harley Davidsson, then we might see some faster adaption of electric motorcycles as a whole among existing MC-fans. Seems Zero is on the bleeding edge here, but I hope they will manage.

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2017, 06:11:26 PM »

Pretty gutted to get that email the other day too. After selling the SR when I moved at the start of the year I'd been eyeing off an FXS since.

I did a call around the dealers today, but none had any stock left. On the off chance anyone knows of any available FXS' (either new or anyone looking to sell due to Zero's exit) I'd love to know. Otherwise, looks like I'll have to wait until the new import laws, which at least opens up an Alta Redshift as an option too.
2014 Zero SR

evtricity

• View Profile
    • EVTRICITY
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2017, 06:13:55 PM »

Pretty gutted to get that email the other day too. After selling the SR when I moved at the start of the year I'd been eyeing off an FXS since.

I did a call around the dealers today, but none had any stock left. On the off chance anyone knows of any available FXS' (either new or anyone looking to sell due to Zero's exit) I'd love to know. Otherwise, looks like I'll have to wait until the new import laws, which at least opens up an Alta Redshift as an option too.

There's a 2016 DSR at Procycles at Hornsby but no FXS unfortunately
2015 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV
2013 Nissan Leaf

PhreaK

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2017, 06:18:44 PM »

Yep. The NT dealer still had a DSR too, but no FXS' or FX's that are tard-able.
2014 Zero SR
Pages: 1 [2]