• April 27, 2024, 07:05:00 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stoplight to Stoplight with a Tesla Model-S (with my '16 DSR)  (Read 645 times)

stevenh

• Newington NH
    • View Profile

The DSR and I did OK.  I am sure the driver of the "S" was not in "Ludacris" mode, but he got on it pretty good.  We went toe to toe between two different sets of lights.  We only got to 55MPH or so since there was not much room.  Both lights were starting at a full stop at a red.  I the first light I had him by a hair when we both backed off.  On the second light, he really got on it, and he was a bit ahead (less than a bike length) when we both backed off.  I got a thumbs up and a wave as he pulled onto the highway (I was going the other way).

Steve
2020 SR/F Premium
2022 Ioniq 5 SEL

gyrocyclist

• Zero. Because motorcycles should be seen and not heard.
    • View Profile
Re: Stoplight to Stoplight with a Tesla Model-S (with my '16 DSR)
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 06:13:09 AM »

The DSR and I did OK.  I am sure the driver of the "S" was not in "Ludacris" mode, but he got on it pretty good.  We went toe to toe between two different sets of lights.  We only got to 55MPH or so since there was not much room.  Both lights were starting at a full stop at a red.  I the first light I had him by a hair when we both backed off.  On the second light, he really got on it, and he was a bit ahead (less than a bike length) when we both backed off.  I got a thumbs up and a wave as he pulled onto the highway (I was going the other way).

Steve
Lovit! I'm always sort of testing Zero's acceleration from stop lights/signs. Though I most always throttle down when I'm five to ten miles over the speed limit. A couple of weeks ago I was in friendly competition with an ICE. S/he smoked me ( but not by much).  Clearly, I need more torque. (2016 SR; can't wait for 2018!)
2018 SR
2016 Honda CB500X
2022 BMW F900XR

MichaelJohn

• View Profile
Re: Stoplight to Stoplight with a Tesla Model-S (with my '16 DSR)
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 07:36:17 AM »

I have had a couple of stoplight encounters with Performance Model S Teslas, there are plenty of them here in the SF Bay Area. The first time I pulled up next to one and I tried to get his attention and nod to him but he was ignoring me - on purpose I think. He accelerated hard when the light turned green and I quickly caught and passed him. This was back before there was a Ludicrous mode and I don't think he was even in Insane mode because I caught him too quickly. The second time I pulled up next to a Performance Model S I took off hard at the light when he wasn't expecting it and left him way behind. We both were approaching the next light and he had gotten a little ahead of me and just as the light changed he floored it. I pinned the SR but he had a jump on me and he was pulling ahead just slightly. We both stopped at the next light and had an amicable chat. He confirmed that he was in Insane mode then we both went our ways with a friendly goodbye. Insane mode is mighty fast, especially for such a big and heavy car. I think the new Ludicrous Plus mode would walk away from just about everything out there, bike or car. The 0 to 60 time is down to 2.3 seconds which is astounding.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 07:41:00 AM by MichaelJohn »
2015 Zero SR - urban terror
2015 Honda NC700X - long distance cruiser
Pages: [1]