• June 25, 2017, 11:30:00 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: 2014 SR has lurching power/torque delivery with throttle  (Read 90 times)

MadwitTY

• View Profile
2014 SR has lurching power/torque delivery with throttle
« on: June 15, 2017, 06:29:26 PM »

Hey guys.
Been having and issue the last view days that has me perplexed.
In both Custom and Sport modes, the power delivery‚Äč when twisting the throttle seems to cut in and out rapidly.
It causes a bucking feeling like your car when you have water in your gas or carburator issues. I've observed that, even when at a constant speed, say 50mph, the level indicators for both power and torque add and then subtract s bar every second or so, even with my hand maintaining the same throttle position.
This bucking issue does not seem to happen in Eco mode.

I'm hoping it's not a throttle issue. Could it be the BMS or Controller?
I'll try and download the logs asap (at work now).

Thanks!

Fred

• View Profile
Re: 2014 SR has lurching power/torque delivery with throttle
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2017, 06:59:11 PM »

I think a similar issue in the past turned out to be the brake level rattling enough to trigger the brake light and regen braking.

togo

• Motorcycles are for everyday transportation. And fun too.
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 SR has lurching power/torque delivery with throttle
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2017, 08:54:49 PM »

I think a similar issue in the past turned out to be the brake level rattling enough to trigger the brake light and regen braking.

Check the calibration on the brake light switches. I think there's one for the foot brake and one on the hand brake. Make sure there's a little movement before the brake light activates.
Motorcycles are for everyday transportation.  And fun too.
2014 Zero SR, highly accessorized. 2008 Vectrix VX-1, maybe for sale, stock, very reliable.  I lost my faith in Zero with my 2011 S, but regained it with my 2014 SR.  Also, a 2001 Honda Helix, black, kept for sentimental reasons.
Pages: [1]