• April 25, 2024, 12:49:08 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Front brake lever  (Read 2629 times)

Neuer_User

• View Profile
Front brake lever
« on: June 14, 2017, 04:32:30 PM »

I wanted to replace my front brake lever on my SR, as it was slightly bent. I am now waiting for more than 8 weeks to get that lever from Zero (awful after sales service).

Can I just get some OEM lever? The unofficial manual mentions a JJUAN FRONT BRAKE LEVER SDS 25-0803201 $76 USD, but that seems to be the Zero part number, right? At least I cannot find any other supplier on the internet searching for that number or description. So, is there a chance to purchase that or an identical lever from other places than from Zero?

Shadow

• Global Moderator
  • 130,000mi electric since 2016
    • View Profile
Re: Front brake lever
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 04:52:56 PM »

I wanted to replace my front brake lever on my SR, as it was slightly bent. I am now waiting for more than 8 weeks to get that lever from Zero (awful after sales service).
Can I just get some OEM lever? The unofficial manual mentions a JJUAN FRONT BRAKE LEVER SDS 25-0803201 $76 USD, but that seems to be the Zero part number, right? At least I cannot find any other supplier on the internet searching for that number or description. So, is there a chance to purchase that or an identical lever from other places than from Zero?
"If you have not yet damaged at least one brake lever, are you sure you've been riding your Zero at all?" :-)

What is the problem with getting the part, did warehouse make a mistake? Was the part ordered? Did dealership make a mistake?

tigerbike

• Zero DS-R 2016, Photovoltac-charged
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 04:58:25 PM »

Possible, but the lever should fit to the brake-pump, everything else would be dangerous. From your nickname i guess, you are from a german-speaking country. So if you do not want to change the front brake-pump, it might be a problem, to get something which fits and is legal ( E-Nr. )

tigerbike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 05:00:12 PM »

By the way: Polo knows ZERO in the database, if you are seeking parts, Louis does not.

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2017, 05:01:32 PM »

I don't know. The dealer ordered a new kickstand (see other thread) and also the new brake lever, as it was (very slightly) bent and I said, let's replace it, too.

It took four week for the kickstand to arrive. Zero EU said that they don't have the brake lever in stock. So, now it is eight weeks and they still don't have it.

Possible, but the lever should fit to the brake-pump, everything else would be dangerous. From your nickname i guess, you are from a german-speaking country. So if you do not want to change the front brake-pump, it might be a problem, to get something which fits and is legal ( E-Nr. )

So, better use no other 3rd party lever then, I guess?

Fortunately, the bent one is really only very slightly bent, so it is no issue driving with it. Only cosmetic. But still, very bad feeling with after sales support, if even such a small issue takes two months (or more). Hope, I never have a real issue with my bike...

tigerbike

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »

I personally would use a 3rd party lever only, if it is made for the specific brake-pump or the specific bike, if the pump is original. But not having a brake-lever on stock, is a very bad customer-support from Zero-EU. The lever for my Yamaha was at the dealer within 1 day, when i dropped it because of not fully "opened" kickstand. OK that was the clutch-lever, but I think, it will be no difference for the big japanese companies.
Zero will get into severe sales-troubles, if they dont fix things like that.

Bstechnic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2017, 07:04:07 PM »

Hello,
I dropped my bike 4 weeks ago. The lever (and my elbow) was broken ( 2cm at the end) and bend. I'm waiting 4 weeks from now. Still backorder in Belgium. I have bend it back so i can use it until i get the new part.  It is realy soft aluminium and bend verry easy. I ride yesterday for the first sinds my dropping. 

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2017, 03:07:01 AM »

...The lever for my Yamaha was at the dealer within 1 day...
Yamaha Motors is $3-4 billion company. Zero Motorcycles is a smaller $134M company just now building its distribution network for parts.

KrazyEd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2017, 07:24:57 AM »

I don't know about how fragile the Zero lever may be, but in emergencies, I have
been able to tweak bent levers back into usable status. I don't like to go over
a dealer's head, but, it might be worth a shot trying to contact Zero directly.
THEY won't sell directly to you ( at least not here in the US ), but, I have had
good luck ordering through dealer and having part sent to me directly. If this
is the case where you are, and you are not happy with your local dealer, you
can do business with someone that has a better reputation with Zero.

Bstechnic

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 07:25:54 PM »

Hello, the frontlever is arrived today.😃😃

Shadow

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2017, 01:33:21 AM »

Unofficial repair guide with pictures: http://zeromanual.com/index.php/Unofficial_Service_Manual#Front_brake_lever
« Last Edit: June 20, 2017, 01:35:45 AM by Shadow »

Neuer_User

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2017, 01:38:04 PM »

Just got an email from my dealer that they received the front lever, too. Apparently Europe finally got new stock and send them out immediately to all waiting customers.

While happy to have it soon, I still think that 8 weeks is much too long.

tamjam

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2017, 09:01:31 PM »

Hollywood Electrics posted some pics on their Instagram recently of their racers riding on the track and if you look closely you can clearly see that they are running a non-stock front brake lever...would love to know who makes them.
2016 DSR

Say10 15FX 16FXS

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2017, 12:09:41 AM »

I watched them racing at Road America two weeks ago. I don't think any Zeros I saw had a stock master cylinder, hence the different lever. I have not been able to find any other lever that would work with the JJuan master cylinder.

2ballde

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2017, 07:03:56 AM »

Maybe you could contact JJuan in Barcelona, SP. to buy parts for the master cylinder shown in the 4th. row on this page; http://jjuan.es/by-product-type/master-cylinders-2/?lang=en there must be JJuan dealers that would sell parts. This would bypass ZERO and might be faster. When I moved my rear brake control to the handlebar it bothered me having different master cylinders on the handlebar( one triangle, one rectangle) and there  are many Brembo master cylinders available to replace the JJuan
Pages: [1] 2