• March 29, 2024, 05:57:10 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Greetings to all - My Introduction  (Read 302 times)

Vtwinwilly

• View Profile
Greetings to all - My Introduction
« on: June 07, 2017, 12:55:46 AM »

Howdy,

My name is Bill and I'm a long time motorcycle rider looking to add an EMC to my stable.  Don't let the handle (Vtwinwilly) mislead you.  Yes, I've had my share of vtwin cruisers, but don't own a single one now.  Moniker just seems to follow me around.  Good thing so I don't forget it!  :)

I've been riding since I was 12, and now I'm hitting my prime at 58.  Have owned a lot of bikes over the years, and currently own 2 motorcycles and 2 scooters. . . all of the ICE variant.

Seems I have a lot to learn still, but every time I get the urge for an EMC, it doesn't take to long to figure out that while I'm ready, the Electric Motorcycle Technology isn't.  You see... I'm a big kid.  6' 4" and 280.  A great fit for my BMW K1200LT, but not so much for most of the EMCs readily available.    But here I am, ready to make another run at it.

I would like to offer a special "shout out" to Benswing.  Have watched several of his video's.  Great stuff and very inspiring.

Well I'll be lurking around for a while trying to learn a thing or two.   Hopefully someday I'll be able to payback a little of that knowledge.

Keep your contact patches sticky!

Bill B

ESokoloff

• View Profile
Re: Greetings to all - My Introduction
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2017, 07:57:11 AM »

Hi Bill (from one newbie to anougher)
Eric
2016 Zero DSR

Vtwinwilly

• View Profile
Re: Greetings to all - My Introduction
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2017, 09:21:20 PM »

Eric,

Thanks for the greeting. 

I started my search for an EMC with a trip to my local Zero dealership.  The DSR with a Power Tank option looks like it might suite my needs, but by the time I buy the bike, Power Tank, + TTL, it's gonna be over $20k out the door.

I also noticed since Victory ceased operations, the Empulse TT's are being offered with huge discounts!!! . . . and there are still several of these floating around.   I need to find out what the Empulse experts think about the purchase of an orphan left over from 2016.  Maybe I should put a post over in the Brammo section.

See you around the charging station!

Bill
Pages: [1]