• March 29, 2024, 05:38:25 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Electric Motorcycle Forum is live!

Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Where does your EMC take you?  (Read 344 times)

j.coal

• View Profile
Where does your EMC take you?
« on: May 31, 2017, 08:31:05 AM »

Motorcycles are cool.  Quiet motorcycles are even cooler.  The silent sport is no longer for bicycles only.

Do you use GPS to find and follow unpaved roads?  Do you use google earth to find new routes?  Do you pursue dead end roads in search of an extended destiny?  Do you follow shore lines in search of paths and trails?  Do you wear a ¾ helmet to expose your ears to full hearing?  Do you ride after dark?  Do you carry a flashlight?  Do you wear black?  Do you turn off your headlight?

ctrlburn

• 79_HD_Sportster 2013_Zero_S 2020_HD_LiveWire
    • View Profile
    • Charging Cycles
Re: Where does your EMC take you?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 05:35:55 PM »

You've been riding longer than me... The thought of getting my ears out of the helmet just occurred yesterday on a long dogleg after work.

j.coal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2017, 07:01:44 AM »

Hi ctrlburn.  What I hear most when I ride is frogs.  Any pond within 100 meters is easily located.  Having my ears exposed makes me more aware of my surroundings and at slow speeds a better rider defensively.  I was turned onto exposed hearing by a Harley rider when I was at the 95th anniversary in downtown Milwaukee.  This person made me aware that I was the only person wearing a helmet.  He was right.

StraydogEOMFD

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2017, 02:46:48 AM »

I like to turn down dirt roads on my FXS that I drive by in my car on a regular basis and see where they go.  Exploration without any preparation can be pretty fun at times.  One of my favorite things about this bike is without a clutch, I feel a lot more connected to the ride as it's one less thing to be concerned with.  In addition, I can ride as slow as I want with no worries about stalling.  I feel so much more confident on super tight single track that it reminds me why I started riding in the first place 14 years ago-to have fun. 

P.S. not sure how to make the photo appear smaller, sorry about that.

Pages: [1]